Over the past few years, I have come across some of the best digital marketing blogs which have helped me sharpened my digital marketing skills.
While my background is actually in Analytical chemistry (graduated last year), I have been able to start a successful blog full of actionable insights courtesy of these blogs.
In this list, I have compiled a list of my top 40 content marketing blogs that you need to be reading daily. Actually, think of these as 40 different digital marketing skills that you need to grow your business as every blog teaches specific skills.
1: Learn SEO with Backlinko
When it comes to content marketing, SEO is big. You need to be thinking how you gonna ensure that your content is ranked on Google for specific keywords.
Brian Dean of Backlinko publishes ultimate guides on topics such as SEO tips, link building, Guest posting, SEO tools and much more.
Honestly, I think if you follow Brian's blog for a year, learning and implementing his tactics, you will be able to move from a novice to a pro in content development.
Best of Backlinko's:
- Keyword Research for SEO: The Definitive Guide (2020)
- On-Page SEO: The Definitive Guide
- The Definitive Guide To SEO In 2020
2: Write Enchanting Content With EnchantingMarketing
Content development is a huge part of content marketing. Writing content that people will actually read, relate to and implement should be something to aim for.
Hennekke's blog posts will teach you everything that you need to up your content marketing game.
By following EnchantingMarketing blog, you will learn to write well, write like a human, harness the power of story telling, write better copy for your pages and services etc.
Best of EnchantingMarketing:
- How to Write Conversationally: 10 Useful Tips
- 23 Snazzy Copywriting Examples: Get Inspired to Write Your Own Copy
3: Make Most of Your Tools With AliceKeeler
While we all have access to awesome tools such as Microsoft and Google apps, not all of us know how to make these tools work for us for our content marketing needs
Alice is an online educator who shares practical tutorials on how she uses tools such as Microsoft online, Google forms and classrooms to enhance her classes.
Best articles from Alice:
4: Master Complete Skills With ConvertKit's Tradecraft Issues
Content Marketing is a part of the overall digital marketing industry.
Content marketing works hand in hand with the other types of digital marketing such as Email marketing and social marketing.
Convertkit publishes great content on email marketing, landing page hacks, conversion marketing and list building
Best articles from ConvertKit:
- 9 Proven Thank You Page Examples to Delight New Subscribers
- 8 Successful Strategies to Promote Your Landing Page
- Understanding the Benefits of Email Marketing: A Guide for Online Creators
5: Create Better Online Courses with Passuasive Nation
Mary's blog is jam-packed full with practical tips, tools and resources to help you plan, create and launch online courses
If you are looking to list build for a pre-launch, develop sales funnels, promoting online courses, doing automated webinars then Persuasion-nation's blog is right for you.
Best of Persuasion-nation:
- 11 Persuasion Tricks to Boost Online Course Sales with Webinars
- 14 Tips to Build an Audience for Your Online Course
- How to Build a 5-Part Sales Funnel for Bloggers (With Examples)
- How to Sell Online Courses Like Hotcakes with Email Marketing
6: Adopt Social Media and productivity Hacks with Buffer blog
Buffer, being a social media scheduling tool, publishes great content that help content creators take back their time, stay productive and access content marketing resources that they need
With this blog, you will learn marketing trends, predictions, news and analytics across different social media platforms including Pinterest.
Best of Buffer:
- How Brands Can Leverage Pinterest To Make Sales
- Why social commerce will rule social media in 2020
- 8 Fun Things to Try on Instagram You Probably Haven’t Thought of Before
7: Discover gaps in your content marketing strategy with Gaps.com
Case studies are huge when it comes to aligning your content strategy.
Gaps publishes in depth casestudies that will help you refine your content development processes so you can better serve your audience.
These are case studies you will never find anywhere else.
Best of Gaps.com:
- The $80BN SEO Industry: 29 Case Studies & Insights
- How Spending $20,000 on a Domain Name Uncovered an Incredible Business Opportunity
- Ranking 1-Page Websites in Google for Fun & Profit: My Sites Revealed
8: Utilize Unheard-of SEO techniques from Detailed.com
Detailed is a phenomenal content marketing blog that focuses solely on SEO tips and tools.
While most seo blogs will give you short not-so useful techniques that only leave you hanging, Detailed's posts are so detailed and actionablr.
Most of the tips shared are unique and you most certainly won't find them any where else.
And yes, Detailed is run by the same guy behind Gaps.com How he pulls these two together is beyond me.
Best of Detailed.com:
- 13 Advanced Link Building Strategies You (Probably) Haven’t Used
- Affiliate SEO in 2020: A Detailed, 1,000 Keyword Analysis
- Content Marketing for SEO: 25 Proven Angles That Still Attract Links
- How 16 Companies are Dominating the World’s Google Search Results
9: Get More Readers With Great Content Following SmartBlogger's Advice
Want to learn how write content that people will read to every word? Then SmartBlogger should be your go to resource.
You will learn how to create readable blogs, write compelling headlines, use power words as well as get access to blogging resources to help you in the process
Best of SmartBlogger:
- Writer’s Block: 27 Techniques to Overcome It Forever (Plus Bonuses!)
- How to Write a Blog Post in 2020: The Ultimate Guide
- 801+ Power Words That Pack a Punch and Convert like Crazy
- 55 Metaphor Examples That’ll Pack Your Prose With Persuasion
10: Learn Secrets of content marketing with Okdork blog by Noah Kagan
When you mention Sumo and Appsumo, what comes to mind?
These are huge businesses that actually started small. Sumo is used by millions of bloggers and thousands of creators have subscribed to Appsumo's product curation newsletter.
Noah, the guy behind these two companies, shares his tips on taking companies from $0 to $500000 worth of revenues through his blog, Okdork
Best of Okdork:
- Peek inside Intercom’s Multi-million Dollar SaaS Growth Strategy
- What I Learned Growing an 8-Figure Business
- How I Grew Mint.com from Zero to 1 Million Users
11: Learn Content Promotion with Ryan Robinson
Ensuring that your content reaches the right audience is akin to your content marketing success.
Ryan teaches you the secrets he has used to build a successful blog since 2014. Content development is only a piece of a puzzle, promotion is a huge deal.
Best from Ryan Robinson:
- 60 Top Entrepreneurs Share Best Business Advice and Tips for Success
- Guest Blogging 101: How to Guest Blog Post (for SEO and Traffic) in 2020
- 40 Ways How to Grow a Blog Quickly (on a Budget) in 2020
12. LyfeMarketing Blog
This is perhaps one of the best multi-author content marketing blog out there. It tackles various digital marketing topics in depth.
Digital marketing is what they offer as a service, thus they sure know what they are saying.
Topics explored include email marketing, list building, SEO, digital marketing, social media marketing etc.
Best of Lyfe Marketing blogs:
- 9 Simple SEO Hacks to Outperform Your Competitors
- 45 Facebook Post Ideas That Generate High Engagement
- 10 Practical Email Marketing Tips to Boost Sale
13. Stay Updated with Marketing News and Latest Tips with Marketingland.
To stay updated in the world of seo, social media, industry news and trends, Marketingland should be your go-to resource.
The blog covers everything marketing: social, SEO, analytics, SEM, Retail etc. Their content is well researched and often backed by data. Press releases help you know what's going on in the industry.
Best of MarketingLand:
- Measuring social traffic effectiveness when conversion is not the goal
- Why email marketing should work, and why it often doesn’t
- 10 tips to make the most of live vide
14: Hone Social Media Marketing Skills with Social Media Examiner
Content creation and curation plays a crucial role in your social media marketing strategy.
To fully utilize the power of social media in growing your online business, you need to examine the industry from a statistical perspective.
Social Media Examiner publishes great content on LinkedIn marketing, YouTube matketing, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter marketing.
Best of Social Media Examiner's Posts:
- Linkedin Marketing: The Ultimate Linkedin for Business Guide
- How to Legally Use Images in Your Social Media Marketing
- How to Build a Social Media Marketing Funnel for Bloggers
15: Get Social Media Updates with Social Media Today
Everything from Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin to Sbapchat and Tiktok, Social Media Today keeps you updated on the industry news.
The blog publishes social media news, updates, tips trends to help content creators align their content strategies accordingly.
Best of Social Media Today:
- 10 Steps to a Successful TikTok Marketing Strategy [Infographic]
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2020 [Report]
16: Grow your Business with QuickSprout
Known for it's in-depth tutorials, Quicksprout is another must-read content marketing blog
You will learn blogging techniques that work, business promotion hacks and marketing secrets from experts
Best of QuickSprout:
- How to Build an Email List on Your Blog
- How to Get More Conversions From AdWords Using Remarketing
- A Thirty-Day Plan for Gaining 100 Authoritative and Relevant Backlinks to Your New Website
- What Sending 62,619,592 Emails Taught Me About Content Marketing
- How I Turned a 40,000 Word Guide into 361,494 Visitors and 8421 Email Opt-ins
17: Up your SEO Game with Ahrefs Blog
If you are looking for a blog where you can learn today's SEO best practices, then Ahrefs shouldbe your go-to resource
The blog offers practical SEO tips on Keyword research, outreach marketing, extensive SEO tools and tips, website traffic, natural link building and much more
Best of Ahrefs posts:
- Complete Link Building Guide
- 7 Ways to Loot Your Competitors’ Backlinks
- 75 Actionable SEO Tips
- Guest Blogging for SEO: How to Build High-quality Links at Scale
- 9 Easy Link Building Strategies
18: Attract, convince and convert your readers with ConvinceandConvert
Brilliant name! The blog is jam-packed with marketing tips that help creators to attract the right visitors and convert them into subscribers and customers.
Topics tackled range from digital marketing, market and podcast research, conversion to social media hacks
Best of ConvinceandConvert:
- 12 Video Marketing Statistics You Need to Know in 2020
- Why You Need Both Personalization and Humanization
19: Access SEO news with Search Engine Journal
This is one of the most reputable SEO news website that publishes a couple of articles per day.
Search Engine Journal blogs on topics such as seach optimization, search marketing, PPC, Digital experience and Analytics
Best of Search Engine Journal:
- 12 Great Link Building Tools That Are Essential to Your Success
- SEO Glossary: 200+ Terms & Definitions You Need to Know
- 28 Free Tools to Help You Find What People Search For
20: Explore Content Marketing Tips with Animalz
Funny name but an authoritative content marketing blog.
Animalz works with various companies in elevating their content matketing strategies and shares their experiences, resulta and tips on the Animalz blog
Best of Animalz marketing blog:
- 50 Things We’ve Learned About Content Marketing
- Forget About Traffic and Start Using Content to Drive Leads and Sales
21: Hone Email Marketing with Saleshandy
Saleshandy is one company that believes in producing of powerful content.
Their email marketing blog is full of insights and actionable tips. Whether you are looking for email headlines, cold emailing and prospecting tips, list building or email series hacks, this blog is your must-read.
Best of Saleshandy tips:
- How to Build an Email List: 12 Essential Tips To Scale Fast
- 20 Email Deliverability Best Practices You Must Follow in 2020
- 10 Best Marketing Automation Tools For Startups
22: Hack Your Growth with Gleam.io
Gleam's blog is all about growth.
Whether you are looking to grow your online business, boostrap your journey, build your list or improve your content marketing campaigns, then you need to dash here once in a while.
Most of the topics covered fall under email marketing and business promotion hacks.
Best of Gleam's Content:
- The 30+ Best Ways to Generate Leads In 2020
- 7 Principles That Helped Us Bootstrap a 7-Figure Business
- 50+ Email Marketing Ideas For Driving Action & Engaging Leads
23: Sprout your Social Media with Sproutsocial
Social media is still huge, but no longer as easy. You need to organically grow your growth and only attract the right audience. This is why niched facebook groups are seeing limelight at the moment.
Sproutsocial's blog shares quick to implement social hacks that make whole lot difference
Best of Sproutsocial:
- 7 tips to rev up your LinkedIn marketing game
- 11 ways social data can take you and your business to the next level
- The social media marketer’s guide to infographic marketing
24: Go Big With Crowdfire Blog
Crowdfire blog provides tips and tools that you need to grow your social media accounts and develop highly engaging content
Best of Crowdfire's content:
- How Does Content Marketing Contribute to Conversions and Sales?
- Brands Killing it on TikTok and what you can learn from them, with examples
- 150 more questions to boost your Social Media Engagement
25: Learn Internet Marketing with JeffBullas
Jeff is a known internet matketer and his internet blog sees over 500, 000 visits a month.
Internet Marketing is a wide niche, but JeffBullas.com finds a way to cover as many of them as posssible
If you are looking for a blog that will help you grow your own website, then tips from JeffBullas will come in handy
Best of JeffBullas:
- 14 of The Easiest Ways to Increase Sales on Instagram Right Now
- Conversion Rate Optimization: How to Turn Prospects into Visitors and Visitors into Customers
- The ultimate video marketing guide
26: Develop Search Discoverable Content with Semrush SEO Blog
Apart from providing the most robust SEO tool, Semrush also run a great content marketing blogs on matters Search, SEO, SEM, PPC and content development.
Have a look at how they strategically venture into newsworthy topics with their Data Studies category that tend to be picked up pretty easily by other creators…. Eg their Top ten most popular politicians in social media post ( Taking this step further with an infographic)
Best of Semrush Blog:
- The Beginners Guide to Google Tag Manager
- How to Improve Keyword Rankings with Internal Linking
- Big Survey: 14 Link Building Strategies Professionals Choose
27: Get Implementing with Rankmath's Practical SEO Guides
With less than 5 articles published, you bet that the Rankmath team is putting everything they've got into their content.
Rankmath is now my go to SEO plugin and their blog is quite exceptional. If you've ever wondered about Google schema, FAGs pages SEO etc, then you need to visit this blog
Best of Rankmath content:
- How You Can Get Google To Crawl Your Website Instantly
- Power Words: The Art of Writing Headlines That Get Clicked
- FAQ Schema: A Practical (and EASY) Guide
- How To Add ‘HowTo Schema’ To Your Website With Rank Math
28: Write Better Copy With Copyblogger
Copyblogger is the king of copy. Their approach to content development is quite unique. Their focus is on writing more relatable content that empowers their readers
With Copyblogger, you will learn to write sensational headlines, relatable content, use storytelling approach and much more.
Best of Copyblogger's Content:
- Why Lazy People Make the Best Content Marketers
- 7 Ways to Make Your Writing Personal (but Not Self-Indulgent)
- How to Turn Bland Text into Sparkling Online Content
- The Art of Finding Ideas
29: Hack Your Copy with CopyHackers
Arguably one of the nest copywriting blogs existing, copyhackers publishes indepth guides on copywriting backed by research, data and personal experience.
Even if you are not a typical copywriter, you need to add this to your list of blogs that you read weekly.
Copywriting is a skill that you will eventually have yo learn, one way or another. So commit to reading their blogs once a day, and your content creation will start taking a U-turn.
Best of CopyHackers content:
- How to be a freelance copywriter when you suck at doing what freelancers are “supposed” to do
- I used cold emails to 14x my freelance copywriting business. Here’s how. (Includes templates.)
30: Make Those Sales With Mui Tsun
Now, I have been following Mui Tsun for almost 2 years now. Apart from having an elegant website, Mui's blog is full of snackable content that touches on topics that every online entrepreneur relates with.
If you've ever doubted your expertise or ability to teach, or even afraid of selling, then this blog will boost your confidence.
Mui addresses these concerns from a point of understanding.
Best of Mui Tsun's Content:
- How to Overcome the Fear of Marketing Yourself
- The Rule of 7: Why It’s Important to Your Business
- How to Speak the Language of Your Target Audience
- Why Your Website Is Like a First Date
31: Perfect the Art of Selling with SalesHackers Blog
This is one of the most authoritative sales blog that focuses on sales strategies, research and use of technology in marketing
Sales is something they do, so it is at the very core of their blog topics. Of you want to learn actionable sales hacks that will skyrocket your online business' growth, then Saleshackers blog should make it to you reading list.
Best of Saleshackers:
- Why Everybody Hates Cold Calling… And Why That’s Good News For You
- The 6 Best Cold Emails Ever Sent – And Why They Worked
- 3 Ways AI and Machine Learning Will Affect Sales (& How to Prepare)
32: Stretch Your Sales Limits with Jill Konrath's blog
Jill is undoubtedly a reknown Sales experts, who has authored various books.
If you want to navigate complex sales and improve efficiency, then you need to read Jill's blog.
Her blog posts often include her own personal stories, thus making them quite relatable.
Best of Jill's Blogs:
33. Learn How It's Done with Blinkist Magazine on Medium Blog
Yeah it's true.
If you want practical success stories and tutorials, you will find them on Medium. Founders go to Medium to show how they help clients through their compannies.
That aside, I found Blinkist Magazine to be full of insights and practical guides that will help you hone your digital marketing and stay productive.
Best of Blinkist Magazine:
- Backed by Science: the 25-Headline Upworthy Challenge
- 10 Surprising Lessons From 1000+ Blog Posts
- Why We Can All Benefit From Remote Work—Including the Planet!
34: Plan, Launch and Scale with Tylerbasu
Tyler understands the scope of content marketing, having worked with big companies taking them to 6 figures in revenues.
His blog is all about practical ideas, case studies and personal experiences around product launches, promotion and scaling
Best of Tyler Basu's:
- 8 Lessons On Scaling A Consulting Business To $1 Million In Monthly Revenue
- 5 Steps to Turn Blog Readers Into Paying Clients (How to Build a Profitable Blog)
- The Book Launch Strategy Of A #1 Amazon Bestseller
35: Get Executive-level content marketing tips with CMO.com
Now run by Adobe, CMO is a powerful blog that addresses complex marketing experiences.
Stay informed on emerging technology, marketing trends and stats around marketing.
Best of CMO.com:
- 15 Mind-Blowing Stats About Innovation
- Mobile Personalization: Top Trends For 2020
- Do Businesses Still Need A Chief Digital Officer?
36: Drive Pinterest Traffic With Anastasia Blogger
I recently srarted pinning on pinterest and now averages 150, 000 monthly viewers on Pinterest and around 2000 clicks to my website every month.
Mastering Pinterest SEO happens faster than with Google SEO. If you want to see results of your content marketing strategies, then you need to add in Pinterest Marketing
I couldn't think of anyone but Anastasia of Anastasiablogger when it comes to whom to learn Pintest strategies from.
She drives 300, 000 pageviews to her blog from Pinterest alone. That being 90% of her traffic, we can say that her blog runs on Pinterest. By utilizing great pins, awesome descriptions and smart scheduling with Tailwind, she manages to run her blog without running mad, haha
Best of Anastasia's Pinterest Tips:
37: Learn Blogging Secrets that Work with IwannaBeaBlogger
Blogtyrant, now owned by the guys who run WpBeginner, is an authoritative blog that teaches everything around blogging.
The blog is centered around blogging tips, SEO and traffic, content creation, making money and email marketing. The blog posts are digestible and easy to implement.
Best of Blogtyrant:
- How to Write Blogs That Convert
- How to Do Email Marketing? [Ultimate Guide]
- Smart Ways to Make Money Online
- Easy Hacks To Get More Email Subscribers
38: Get More done with Byregina
If you want to remain more productive, take back your time and run a successful blogging business that gets more done, then you need to read Regina's blog.
The screenshot below shows the categories that you will find on ByRegina
Best of Byregina's
- A case study on my first $1350 online course launch
- 7 Epic Time Investments You Can Make in Your Online Business
- 10 Ways I’ve Made $10K+ in Profit in Under 30 Days Using Advanced (and Humanized) Sales Methods
39. Learn Growth Strategies With Active Growth
If you love thrive theme's blog, then you will love Active Growth.
Authored by Shane Melaugh, Active Growth is full of insights that will help you scale you infoproduct business quickly.
Best of ActiveGrowth
- What the Gurus Don’t Tell You About Money Mindset
- Top 3 Lessons of the Decade – Retrospective on 10+ Years as an Entrepreneur
40: Explore Results Driven Blog Posts by Orbit Media
Orbit Media is a web design and development studio that also runs a very powerful blog. The team publishes great blog posts of marketing, online business and design hacks.
Best of Orbit Media's Blog:
- 12 Biggest Content and Web Design Mistakes Marketers Make During a Website Redesign
- How I Grew Traffic By 300% with Only a Little Content
I hope these blogs will help you fine tune your marketing strategies as well as develop better content for your own blog and for your clients
If you loved these blogs, make sure you let your friends have a look as well. We love pinning great things on Pinterest, maybe you should too.