As you embark on an upskilling journey comes next here, you need to have an elaborate path. This is where Skillshare comes in, as you get access to thousands of classes, online courses, and programs on almost any skill type.
For instance, here are some of the best skills you can learn with Skillshare classes:
- Creative writing
- Graphic Design
- Art and crafting
- Home business
- UI /UX Design
- WordPress Development
- Filming and Video Making
- Animation etc.
Of course, these are just sample skills, but if you are curious, simply visit skillshare.com and search for any course, and you will get dozens of results. You can then use my link to get a 30-day free trial. After that, it’s just $12.99 per month with full access to all the courses.
Best Skillshare Classes to Make Money Online
Let’s now explore some of the best Skillshare courses you should consider taking based on the skills you want to master.
1) Let's Talk Freelance: Best Skillshare Course
- Number of lessons: 26
- Class duration: 17hrs, 11min
In the Let’s Talk Freelance, John covers everything you need to know as a freelancer on any platform. The good news is you can enroll in this extensive program, spanning over 17 hours and 26 lessons, absolutely for free using our Skillshare link.
Instead of the default 7 days trial, you will get 30 days trial. That will be enough for you to go through this course and set up your freelancing business the right way.
Freelancing is a journey and Let's Talk Freelance is the perfect program to take you through it.
In this extensive course, you will learn how to work with popular platforms like Upwork, how to create killer proposals, and other ways to become more productive and land high-quality clients.
Some of the topics covered in this Skillshare freelance class are:
- Getting started as a freelance
- Upwork Exploitatie Part 2: Build Your Profile
- Upwork Exploitatie Part 1: Master Strategy
- Instant Influence Part 1: Vision
- Pandemic Proof Your Business and Life
- How I Fooled Inc. Magazine
- How to Get Started Freelancing
- Rank In Google for Key Freelancer Searches
- Packaging and Pricing Your Freelance Services
- Creating a Job-Getting Portfolio
- Finding Passion In Your Freelance Career
- Choosing a Profitable Freelance Niche
- Building Your Freelance Website With WordPress
- Estimating the Time and Cost of Projects
- Managing Pushy Clients
- BONUS: How to Become a 6-Figure Freelancer
- BONUS: How to Craft a Winning Proposal
- BONUS: How to Get Clients In Competitive Markets etc
2) How To Become A Freelance Writer And Make Money From Home
- Number of lessons: 21
- Class duration: 1 hour, 39 minutes
Dreaming of becoming a freelance writer but don’t have experience? This short over-the-shoulder freelancing course is the best place to start.
Some of the critical topics you’ll learn in this course include:
- Different types of freelance writing
- Debunking industry myths
- Choosing a profitable niche that’s right for you
- Should you be a generalist or a specialist?
- Building a portfolio from scratch
- How to set up a freelance website quickly for non-techies
- Determining your freelance rates
- Adopting a sales and marketing mindset
- Conducting discovery calls
- 5 proven strategies for getting paying clients
- Doing cold emailing right
- Working with clients
At the end of this under 2 hours class, you should be able to start looking for and working with clients with confidence.
The class is taught by Jesse Forrest, a copywriter with 14 years of experience and the founder of StartCopywriting.com. Having written in over 150 niches, Jesse provides actionable insights that help you decide on the best niche for you.
3) Professional Writing: how to make money as a freelance writer
- Number of lessons: 13
- Class duration: 51 minutes
- Instructor: Damien Walter
Whether you are a beginner or you’ve been doing freelance writing for a while, this Skillshare class will equip you with the essential skills you need to find and retain quality clients.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Incorporating creativity into professional writing
- Key skills to succeed as a professional writer
- How to find high-quality clients
- Building relationships with clients
- How to find and land your first clients
- How to raise your freelance rates with time.
Taught by Damien Walter, a successful freelance writer who features on the big publications such as The Guardian, Wired, BBC and Oxford University Press, this class aims to give you actionable insights on navigating the challenging and competitive freelance marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork.
In this course, you are tasked to:
- Write a killer bio to close more projects
- Honing on your unique value proposition, aka, superpower and making it apparent in how you word your profile descriptions and bid proposals.
4) How To Create Shareworthy Blog Content That Gets Noticed
- Number of lessons: 14
- Class Duration: 1 hour
- Instructor: Jenna Scaglione
Freelance writers, bloggers, solopreneurs, content marketers all have one thing in common: blogging. Or, to put it clearly, content writing. It’s a fundamental skill, yet many don’t invest in learning the skill itself.
In this blog content course, Jenna shares excellent tips on creating blog content that others want to share and link to, even without being asked.
Some of the lessons in this course are:
- Getting to know your audience, whom you’re writing for.
- Brainstorming blog ideas
- Learning how to create compelling hooks
- Mastering headline copywriting
- Writing blog intros that have readers invested in your content
- Formatting your content for readability
- How to create actionable content
- Humanizing your content
5) Mastering TikTok: Stop Scrolling and Post Your 1st TikTok
- Number of lessons: 13
- Class Duration: 1 hour 17 min
- Instructor: Taylor Loren
Admit it; you aren’t a TikToker…
But you wanna be. TikTok is revolutionizing the way marketers create and distribute content. It presents a massive opportunity to grow your business without trying too hard.
If you wanna learn how to shoot, edit and optimize videos for your TikTok account, then this one-hour TikTok mastery class is one that you should take.
Some of the lessons in this Skillshare course include:
- Understanding how TikTok works
- Going viral with meme mentality
- How trending audio works
- TikTok analytics
- Shooting a TikTok
- TikTok video editing: effects, duets and stitch
- Smooth transitions
Taylor Loren is the former Head of Marketing at Girlboss and has worked for big companies such as Later as their Director of Marketing.
6) Productivity for Creatives: Build a System That Brings Out Your Best
- Number of lessons: 11
- Class Duration: 2 hours
- Instructor: Thomas Frank
Being productive as a creative doesn’t come as naturally as many think. Without systems in place, it’s hard to stay grounded on what matters.
This Skillshare productivity course will change how you approach business. Thomas takes you through different ways to cultivate productivity as a creative, including digital and physical setups for optimum productivity, collaboration tactics and ways of building up inspiration.
Some topics covered include:
- Adopting a professional mindset
- Setting up physical and digital workspaces
- Buiding up inspiration
- Becoming efficient and effective
- Leveraging templates to stay organized and get more done
- Collaboration and delegation
Thomas Frank is an author, a YouTuber and a productivity speaker. He helps students learn effectively through his website, College Info Geek, which he started in 2010.
- Number of lessons: 28
- Class Duration: 3 hours 32 mins
- Instructor: Christopher Dodd
Here are some of the topics tackled in this class:
- Classes, prototypes and datasets
- Variables, functions and methods
- Closures and scoping
- Syntax and statements
- Working with the DOM
- JQUERY manipulation
- JQUERY AJAX
- JS arrays, events, conditionals, loops, etc.
Christopher is a self-taught web developer and a blogger with a large following on YouTube.
8) Copywriting for Beginners: How To Write Web Copy That Sells Without Being Cheesy
- Number of lessons: 17
- Class Duration: 1 hour
- Instructor: Jesse Forrest
Copywriting is a great skill to have in your arsenal as a content marketer. However, mastering copywriting isn’t all about knowing how to write coherently. There are so many aspects that go into writing copy. In this Skillshare copywriting class, Jesse takes you through everything you need to communicate your messaging more effectively in a way to persuade.
Some topics discussed in this course include:
- Understanding your audience
- How to speak your customer’s language
- Writing for the web
- Writing with clarity
- Writing persuasive headlines
- Call to Action microcopy
- How to answer ‘why you?’
- Building trust with visual elements
- The power of demonstration etc.
Jesse Forrest is a veteran copywriter, teaching people how to write persuasively on his website, StartCopywriting.