A branding blog is your chance to build a lasting relationship with customers, potential employers, and other people in the branding industry while establishing your authority in the industry.
It can also be a great way to share your expertise, grow your reach and even improve SEO rankings on Google. In this section, I'll show you how to start an effective branding blog so that you can quickly get into the swing of things and start generating content for it.
What's a Branding Blog?
A branding blog is a blog that is dedicated to branding topics such as brand awareness, brand positioning, digital branding, brand marketing, and more. The purpose of the blog may be to educate readers on how to better manage their own brands or it could be designed to attract potential clients who are looking for help with their own brands.
How to Start a Branding Blog
Step 1: Determine the Purpose of Your Branding Blog
Before you start a branding blog, ask yourself some questions that will help you determine how to brand your blog.
- Why do I want to start a branding blog?
- What is the purpose of my branding blog?
- What will be the focus of my blog?
If you already have an answer in mind, great! If not, here are some branding topics to help you brainstorm your angle.
Step 2: Select a Domain Name for Your Branding Blog
First, you'll need to make sure the domain name is available. There are many websites that allow you to check whether or not a domain name is taken. You can also ask for help from friends and family, or even get in touch with your web designer.
Once you've checked on all of those things and confirmed that it's available, it's time to move forward with registering the domain name and getting hosting for your site (more on this later). Once this is done, it's time to start building out what will become your brand blogging website!
Step 3: Choose a Blog Host for Your Branding Blog
You'll need to choose a blog hosting provider for your branding blog. There are many options, but the most important things to consider are:
- Ease of Use – The easier it is to use, the more likely you will be able to get started building your blog right away.
- Reputation – Choose a blog host that is known to provide quality hosting services and support for their customers when it’s needed.
- Security – You want a hosting company that keeps its servers secure from hackers and malware so that no one has access to any customer information or data. A good way this is measured is by how well they protect their customer's sites from attacks in real-time while they're being hosted on the server (i.e., uptime).
- Uptime – Look for hosts who consistently offer 99%+ uptime per month because downtime isn't just an inconvenience—it impacts your SEO rankings! It also means lost revenue if customers don't visit when they usually do because of an issue with your website; if someone finds out about another blogger who doesn't have these issues then there's nothing stopping them from switching over as well!
The best and most affordable web hosting service for beginners that we recommend here at The PennyMatters is Bluehost. You can get started at 66% OFF today using our link
Step 4: Install WordPress and Choose a Theme for Your Branding Blog
You can use a theme for a branding blog that is designed to look like a modern and professional business website. Themes are available in various colors, styles, and even different templates. There are themes that come with some of the most popular WordPress plugins built-in, such as WooCommerce, which is a plugin used by many online stores. This may help you save time when setting up your own store.
You should choose a theme that suits your brand and blog's purpose from the start. For example: if you want to promote an app or software product on your site then it would be better to choose one of those themes instead of something else because it will already have all the necessary elements built-in (maybe even some cool graphics).
Some of the best WordPress themes we love include:
- Thrive Themes
- Generate Press etc
You can then use a good page builder plugin like Elementor for designing your blog to your needs and preferences.
Step 5: Install Plugins for Your Branding Blog
To take your blog to the next level, install plugins that can add extra features to your site.
There are tons of free and paid WordPress plugins available for you to use, but here are the critical ones:
- RankMath SEO plugin
- Elementor page builder
- Thrive Leads for building an email list
- WP Armour for preventing spam
- WP Sucuri
- WP Rocket for speed optimization
- WP Forms
Step 6: Write Content for Your Branding Blog
After setting everything up, you can get started blogging. Branding topics are broad, so it helps to choose the category that you know well and focus on it for a while. For instance, you can choose brand positioning, brand marketing, or brand assets. Once you have enough posts on the topic, you can move on to the other brand topic categories.
Step 7: Promote Your Branding Blog
Now that you have a branding blog, it's time to start promoting it. Below are some methods of promotion:
- Social media: If you're like most people and use social media in your daily life, this should be an obvious place for promoting your brand. You can share links to blog posts or even just post new content directly on Facebook or Twitter. Try using hashtags for maximum visibility—#brandingblog or #brands will help people find posts about related topics on other sites as well!
- Email newsletter signups: This is another good way to grow your audience because email newsletters require less effort than posting things online (you don't actually have to do any work if someone subscribes). Make sure to let visitors know they'll receive updates when they subscribe though so they aren't surprised if they get emails from you every week with new articles on branding!
- Pinterest and Google SEO: Having the right strategy means doing keyword research and writing high-quality articles that people and search engines will love.
Creating a blog can be a daunting task for any business. There is so much to do, from the planning stages to actually starting your blog and keeping it going. However, by following these simple steps on how to start a branding blog, you can create your own brand blog in no time.