Without small businesses, the world would be a pretty boring place. From the little corner coffee shop to your local bakery, small businesses are an important part of our lives. They provide jobs, and culture and make life more interesting for everyone.
Unfortunately, in the recent past, small businesses haven’t had it easy. When the pandemic struck, many small businesses closed shops, and the governments didn’t come to their aid. To ensure that these key players in our economy continue to thrive, locals should make a conscious effort to support them.
Supporting small businesses can be a great way to give back to your community and help the people who make your town what it is.
But it's not always easy to understand why you should support small businesses, and sometimes even foregoing the convenience of corporate stores.
These support small business quotes will shift your thinking today.
Quotes About Supporting Small Businesses
1) The best compliment is the referral of family and friends
2) A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in. – Nicole Snow
3) A big business starts small. – Richard Branson
4) Celebrity makes $80+ million a year, you will never meet them. You pay them a full price or extra for what they sell. A small business owner makes $25K – $100K a year, they live next door, and you want a discount. – Anonymus
5) It takes YOU to start the trend. Shop small. Shop local. Eat local. Spend local. Enjoy local
6) Small businesses provide the feeling that a real person is behind it all, someone who cares more about giving us a quality product or service, over just taking our hard-earned dollars
7) Buy GOOD things from REAL people
8) When you support a small business, you support a dream. – Anonymus
9) You don't build a business, you build people, then people build the business. -Zig Ziglar
10) When you support handmade you are not just supporting a person, small business, family, or economy; you are purchasing a small part of an artist’s heart. – Anonymus
11) A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in. —Nicole Snow
12) In a world where you can shop anywhere…shop local. —Anonymous
13) When you buy from a small business, an actual person does a little happy dance. – Anonymus
14) Small businesses are the heartbeat of your neighborhood, the spine of your local economy, and the spirit of your town.
15) Shop local, cause Amazon won’t sponsor your kid’s ball team.
16) If each of us spent 100$ a year more on local businesses instead of chain stores, it would put an extra $3 million a year into our economy, not only that but it would create thousands more jobs. – Anonymus
17) When you buy from a small business you’re not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home. You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy his team jersey, a mom put food on the table, a dad pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college. – Anonymus
18) Support your friends. Don’t ask for free stuff, pay for it. Go to their shows, be the first to buy their products, and promote their ideas. – Anonymus
19) Support your friend’s business and progression like you support the celebrities that you actually don’t know. – Anonymus
20) You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy local and that’s kind of the same. – Anonymus
21) Every time you spend money you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want. – Anna Lappe
22) If I don’t support other small businesses, how can I expect others to support my small business?
23) Today we celebrate side hustles that became main hustles, dreamers that became doers, maxed out credit cards that became thriving businesses, big fails that became big wins, and individuals with ideas that became teams with visions. – Anonymus
24) “Just a small business that decided to go for it.”
25) Walking into a small business is like that warm feeling you get in a small country town where everyone smiles and says hello. Whereas in a corporate store, the people look at you as another dollar sign.
26) We need to keep our small businesses healthy in order to keep our economy strong. – Keith Haynes
27) When you buy something made by a person, there is something special there, and you feel it. The consciousness with which a thing is made is often more important than the thing itself. – J. Donald Walters
28) Giving a gift from a small business is giving a gift twice. – Anonymus
29) If we want to have these amazing small businesses, we need to actively seek out and support those who put their necks on the line to chase down a dream. Sometimes it may be a bit faster to zip through the drive-through line, but I can almost guarantee that the personal service and higher quality product will be worth the extra minute it may take. It could be a lasting relationship that holds more value in the long run. – Branch Street Coffee Roasters
30) Support movers, makers, hustlers, shakers
Small businesses may not have the economy of scale that a big-box retailer has, but small businesses often have that local touch that the bigger guys can't compete with.
So the next time you feel like shopping, think local. Think small businesses.