Looking for some of the best affiliate marketing quotes to inspire you? I have sampled some here:
Best Affiliate Marketing Quotes and Commentaries
1) “It's not about where you are now; it's about where you want to go”— Dan Kennedy
Commentary: Affiliate marketing takes time before it's profitable. Making a sale or two qualified referrals a month is frustrating, but if you keep at it, eventually you'll have a stable income stream.
2) “If you don’t find a way to make money in your sleep, you’ll work until you die.”— Warren Buffett
The challenge of affiliate marketing, especially when your primary promotion method is blogging, is developing and ranking your content assets such as how-to guides, listicles, and product reviews.
However, once these assets start getting decent traffic with good conversions, you can make money while you sleep, literally.
3) “Affiliate marketing is an excellent opportunity if you truly believe in the value of the product you’re selling. Because many times, you can make money off of something you would probably recommend anyway.”— Neil Patel
By promoting the products that you are madly in love with, you're able to create more comprehensive content that people will find useful. In so doing, people start trusting your product recommendations.
4) Show people value, do so with empathy and know who you are writing to.— The PennyMatters
Recall the 4 Ps of Marketing? Product, price, promotion, and place are the factors that determine your success.
As an affiliate marketer, you are promoting someone else's product so it has to be good in order for people to trust you. That is why it is essential that when creating content, you must truly believe in what you're saying or writing otherwise, your recommendations will appear inauthentic and people will not be able to relate to you.
5) “What a lot of people don't realize is that affiliate marketing can be used to build a launch list for your own product… if you have the right incentives in place.”
Launching a new product? You can partner with well-known affiliate marketers who have existing email lists to promote your product in exchange for a commission fee. Your product has to be amazing if you want to get popular bloggers to promote you though.
6) “Use 2nd Tier contests and referrals to grow your pool. You don’t know everyone — let your network introduce them to you!”— Amber Spears, Co-Founder of East 5th Avenue
She's right. By enabling an affiliate program with 2nd tiers, meaning that your affiliates can refer other affiliates and earn a percentage of their earnings, you quickly grow a community of product advocates. Of course, the challenge is that you end up with many affiliates who are dormant, and your affiliate marketing team may be overwhelmed.
7 “Many people who get into affiliate marketing do so with the same mindset: making money first, and thinking of their audience second (if they think of them at all!). That’s a recipe for disaster or at least lousy results.”— Patt Flynn
Patt is an icon in the world of affiliate marketing, so if he says something,m you better listen. Start off with the right recipe, which can be trimmed down to Niche>>Audience>>Value>>Offers
8) “Systems and Processes belong to the affiliates too.”— The PennyMatters
Affiliate marketing is a tough business, and without proper systems and processes in place, it can be a whole lot harder to crack. Put systems on keyword research, content product, content management and content promotion. Pat believes that it's not a ‘push-button.' It requires focus and commitment.
9) “The beauty of affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to invest time and effort to create a product to sell.”
As an affiliate marketer, you only need to find best-selling products to promote without investing time in product creation, which is why it takes less time to build a business around affiliate marketing.
Of course, you do need to create quality if you want your blog readers and subscribers to trust your recommendations
10) “Consider the audience-first approach to affiliate marketing. Start a community, provide value, introduce your list and start affiliate offers that will solve your following's problems.”— The PennyMatters
It's always better to have a healthy relationship with your audience. In other words, start engaging with them first then introduce products that serve their needs.
This way, you're building a relationship of trust and you've got people who want to hear from you when it comes time for a promotion.
11) “A quick tip: do not just promote anything. Review products you are familiar with first. This will save you time and help your visitors.”
You can't be that guy or gal who just promotes any product on their blog. It's not how it works, especially if you aim for this to become a sustainable business model.
As an affiliate marketer, you need to be selective in what you promote, and then study or at least spend some time on that product. You'll know if it will resonate with your readers or not. and the best way to approach its promotion.
12) “If you're not willing to learn about affiliate marketing, don't get started.”
If you just want the money without putting in any effort or work, this might not be for you. Affiliate marketing comes with a lot of learning and you need to put some trial and error first before it becomes an income stream on autopilot.
13) “Do not only rely on one platform or merchant to earn money as an affiliate.”
If you're just relying on a single platform or a particular merchant, you're making it tough for yourself. Instead, use various affiliate platforms, think outside the box when it comes to finding offers and remember that the money is in the list.
There's always a danger when the majority of your income tends to come from one merchant.
14) “The number one myth of affiliate marketing is that you can work as little as two hours per day and then go enjoy your life on the beach. This simply isn't true, and it's never going to be”— Barry Dunlop
Affiliates who can afford to work only 2 hours a week are those who have built passive traffic assets to their money pages.
15) “I always try to give my affiliates the most commission as possible. The more you can pay your affiliates, the more traffic they will send.”– Ryan Alarid, Owner of Native Vitality
The logic here is simple, affiliates can only promote so many products to their audience. As an affiliate, there are various factors I'm considering before promoting a product.
Two of these factors are earning potentials, product receivability, and the product's usefulness to my target audience. By offering higher commissions, you incentivize your affiliates to adopt more time-consuming affiliate marketing strategies such as writing product reviews and in-depth tutorials.
16) “First learn then earn.”– Patt Flynn
Unless you’ve run an affiliate website before, take time to learn the ropes. Trust me, this will save you lots of frustration. Topics to explore include Amazon Affiliate Marketing, niche websites, product research, affiliate keywords research, etc.
17) “Without passion, you don’t have energy; without energy, you have nothing. Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion”.– Donald Trump
Commentary: Affiliate marketing is quite an involving model, you spend the majority of your time doing product research and creating content, lots of them.
Without passion, you're more likely to get tired. Bundle that up with the duration it takes to make sales, and to receive commissions from those sales, meen, it's easier to quit. However, if you are into a good niche that you are familiar with, or at the very least want to build a name around it, then you'll enjoy learning, experimenting, and trying out new strategies.
18) “Get on with it.”—Everyone, but probably your don't carer sister.
I love learning, make no mistake, and I do get excited when am doing deep product research, but you've gotta be careful lest you get all got up with information overload, so much so that you don't even bring yourself to implementing any. Just, get on with it. There’s never gonna be the right time, moment, or place. Now is just as good.
That’s it. I hope these affiliate marketing quotes have inspired you to give affiliate marketing a try.