Sometimes, it's tough to come up with topics or niche ideas.
When you find yourself feeling stuck, you can always use others as inspiration. They can help you identify the direction that your relationship blog should or shouldn’t take.
I've compiled a list of some of the best relationship blogs on the web that focus on everything from dating, relationships, and marriage advice to communication, conflict resolution, love, breakups, and divorce.
1) Gottman Blog
The Gottman Institute is dedicated to researching and developing new ideas and interventions that help couples build and sustain healthy relationships.
Drs. John and Julie Gottman (authors of the blog) have been studying couples for over 40 years, and their research has revolutionized how people think about marriage.
The Gottman Institute has a wealth of resources for couples who want to improve their relationships, including books, blogs, videos, and other articles. This shows that if you narrow down to a niche, and commit to pushing out unique content, you can easily build a strong brand and a sustainable business.
Main topics covered:
- Relationships advice
LovePanky is an online magazine for men and women that features articles about love, dating, relationships, sex, and marriage. The blog also features articles written by experts in their fields as well as advice from its readership.
The website also offers a wide selection of products for sale, including books, games, and movies.
Some interesting topics covered in this blog include:
- Sensual teases
- Wild secrets and dating games
- Attracting men
- Understanding men
- Understanding women, etc.
If you want to start a diverse relationship blog with different contributors, LovePanky is worth exploring.
3) Healthy Framework
Healthy Framework is a blog focused on helping people get their relationships right. The blog aims to help couples understand each other better, have more meaningful conversations, and achieve greater connection.
The blog offers articles on relationships, dating websites, love, and sex. Topics covered in the past have included:
- Dating apps
- First date advice
- Religious dating
- Dating websites overviews
- Dating in various cities
- Sober date night ideas
The site also covers research topics on relationships, including dating apps adoption, marriage, and divorce rates, and best dating cities for singles, amongst other topics.
4) The Truly Charming
Beautifully written and insightful, The Truly Charming is a blog about self-improvement, relationships, and finding your voice.
The author creates articles that are relevant to modern-day women. She writes about topics such as dating, relationships, self-esteem, body image, and more.
According to Sira, the founder of the blog, The Truly Charming aims to help people understand relationships, and develop healthier relationships all while being better versions of themselves.
5) Evan Mark Katz Blog
If you are looking to start a more professional relationship blog and even use it to launch your own relationship products such as online courses and boot camps, then this is the blog you want to benchmark with.
Evan uses his blog to share his nuggets on relationship topics that follow his 6-step process of establishing lasting relationships:
- Building confidence
- Meeting men
- Understanding men
His blogs are centered around these 6 topics.
6) Live Bold and Bloom
While Live Bold and Bloom, is classified as a self-improvement blog, it largely covers relationship topics, with slightly over 300 posts on this topic alone.
Barrie Davenport founded this site back in 2010, and now reaches hundreds of thousands of readers every month. She’s a certified life coach, and a bestselling author of books on relationships, mindfulness, and emotional abuse amongst others.
Topics covered include
- Healthy communication
- Conflict resolution strategies
- Dynamics of unhealthy relationships
- Intimacy and empathy in relationships
- Understanding emotional abuse
The UpJourney blog describes itself as the place where people go to discover secret passages to others’ hearts and minds.
The blog covers topics such as
- Signs of emotional unavailability
- Making relationships last
- The art of influencing people
- Improving interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- How to be more confident in your relationships
8) The Good Men Project
The Good Men Project blog is a testament that differentiation works wonders. By sparking conversations about what enlightened masculinity means in the 21st century, this blog has managed to attract over 3 million visitors a month. It features stories about men, by men, and for men.
The tagline behind this blog is, conversations no one else is having, which is pretty catchy. It tackles topics pertinent to men:
- Sex and Relationships
- Social justice
- Politics, education, and sports amongst others.
The mission of this site is to help create a more compassionate and just world by publishing stories on contemporary masculinity.
It provides a platform for men to talk about and share their stories of being good fathers, husbands, boyfriends, and sons.
Tom Matlack runs this blog, having started it back in 2009. He wanted to create an outlet where men could share their stories and not feel judged or criticized.
9) MindBodyGreen Relationships
MindBodyGreen, a popular wellness blog has a section dedicated to all matters relationships, where popular categories explored include love, sex, friendships, and parenting.
If you take time to read their articles, you will notice that they take a direct, no-frills approach to only offer actionable and proven advice. This is something you might want to adopt for your relationship blog.
Other Relationship Blogs:
Apart from the 9 we covered above, I also found some other blogs that talk about love and relationships in an interesting way, and so had to make it to this list as well:
- Women Christians Relationships
- Two Drifters
- Modern Love Counselling
- Intentionally Intimate Relationships
- Love in 90 Days
- Love and Life Toolbox
Starting a Relationship Blog
Now that you’ve explored the blogs, and got an angle from which to approach yours, it’s time to get started.
Here is what you need to do:
- Get web hosting and a free domain name: Go to Bluehost.com, choose shared hosting, and get started for as low as $60, for your first year. To enjoy even extended discounts, choose a longer term, such as 36 months.
- Install WordPress: Bluehost makes this easy with one click installation process. From your account, go to My Sites from the left sidebar, then choose the WordPress website builder option. Next, you are prompted to enter your site details.
- Access your website: Once installation is complete, go back to My Sites, hover over the site you just installed, and then click on Manage Site. On the next page, you will see a screen that says Log in to WordPress. Follow it and you will be automatically logged in to the WordPress admin panel.
- Build your blog: First, we need a simple theme to get started. Next, install the Elementor Pro plugin, which allows you to customize every section of your website, and design your relationship blog your way.
- Install other plugins: You need plugins for SEO ( I love RankMath), social sharing, security, speed optimization, etc.
- Start blogging!
Ready to get started blogging?
I hope these relationship blogs have inspired you to venture online and find the perfect place to begin your own writing journey. If any of these sites got your interest, feel free to analyze them further to find the things they do right. Good luck!