Bloggers are constantly looking for best blogging resources and online business tools that help them master their craft, make more money and deliver content that matters. On this page, you will find a list of our recommended tools and other blogging resources to help you do what you do best.
Blogging Resources: Free Guides and Training
- Defining your Audience A handbook for clarity on your target market, ideal client, tribe, avatar, persona, whatever the kids are calling it these days. Exercises, worksheets, tons of clarifying questions and 12 interviews with experts on the topic.
- Top 10 Mistakes in starting an online business. In our work with thousands of entrepreneurs, we’ve seen smart people make the same mistakes over and over. This guide will help you avoid those common pitfalls on the road to building something great.
- Fizzle Learning: Offers step by step tutorials on how to launch and grow an online business with actionable and snackable lessons. Its growing community of startup owners is also a great place to meet great people and grow together
- LinkedIn Learning. Follow the link to get access to thousands if courses for free for 30 days
- Social Media Manager School Harness the power of social media to rapidly grow your blog and online business
Start a Blog That Matters Resources
- Get Your Own Domain Name and Hosting from Bluehost. You need a web host that guarantees 99.9% uptime, technical support, secure servers, and affordable rates. I personally recommend using Bluehost to host your site. With Bluehost, through my affiliate link, you get to save up to 60% for your first year.
- Register Your Domain With Namecheap. The second thing is to have address (domain name) to your home (blog). Choose something simple and that which embodies your brand. For Instance, my domain is www.thepennymatters.com,
- Install WordPress for Free. The next step is to install the blogging platform/software that you will use to post, edit, upload Videos, images and much more. Almost every blog is being run by WordPress. The good thing is that it can be installed with one click once you have bought your hosting from Bluehost
Email Marketing Resources
- Covertkit To start building your list, you need a great email marketing provider (ESP) like ConvertKit. This is so because it allows you to schedule courses, emails as well as freebies. The good thing about ConvertKit is that you can start building an email list even when you don’t have a website yet.To do this, you use their beautiful landing pages and share the link with your followers
- Mailerlite. This is a cheaper alternative as it is free for up to 1000 subscribers. The platform is not complicated like other email marketing platforms thus you can easily master it even if you’re a total newbie.
Blog Name Generators Resources
- Domain.com is a great tool that allows you to find and register domain names for your website
Tools for Graphic Design
- Canva. Design any social media graphic for free either online or via their mobile apps
- PicMonkey. This tool offers more photo editing options that help you create stunning graphics
- Fiverr. Hire experts for literally anything for $5 or more to handle your technical issues such as logo design, website development, content writing, virtual assistance etc.
Learning Resources: Online Courses and eBooks
- Free Bestseller Book Launch: 7 actionable video lessons to launching your book on Amazon
- Online Business Ideas: Grab 121 online business ideas to give you some inspirations
SEO Tools and Resources
- Google keyword planner shows you related keywords to the main keyword you type in, with other metrics such as search volume, competition, and cost per click
- Rankmath SEO Plugin for WordPress. This is the best SEO plugin with tonnes of features to help you improve your rankings
- Semrush. This is a paid SEO tool that helps you do keyword research and competitive analysis like a pro. It’s an All-in-one Digital Marketing tool that will help you refine your content strategy and find collaboration opportunities
- Ubersuggest: Enter the main keyword in this tool’s homepage and get hundreds of keywords suggestions. Analyze top-performing content to uncover content ideas
- Longtail Pro tool: This tool does one thing really well: Unravel longtail keywords that are less competitive for your industry