Here are critical steps to follow if you want to upload your new eBook to Amazon Kindle.
Do you have an amazon.com account? Create one by signing up at the website.
- Go to KDP AMAZON and sign in (you’ll need an Amazon account).
- Register your tax info for royalties.
- Click “Bookshelf” and then “Add new title.”
- Fill out the form, including the book title, description, and keywords you want people to search to find your book.
- Upload the cover file (JPEG format).
- Upload the book file.
- Test your book with Amazon’s online viewer to ensure it looks right.
- Click “Save and continue” and advance to the “Rights and Pricing” page.
- Choose “Worldwide Rights.”
- Choose a 70% royalty rate and select your price, letting the international prices adjust based on the US price. Most e-books are priced at $2.99-9.99 Click Save and Publish.
- Amazon will email you when the book is ready, which may take 12 to 48 hours, but often happens much more quickly.
- View your book once it is live.
- Start marketing your book
- run a free book promotion. You can price your book to run for free for 5 days a month. This can increase downloads since people love free books. More downloads increase your book's rank on the website.
I hope you enjoyed this post on uploading your new eBook to Amazon Kindle.