Today, every marketing strategy revolves around visuals, whether you are doing email marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing or video marketing. This is because visuals are vital in grabbing people’s attention easily.
However, creating stunning visuals is not a cakewalk. It is an expensive and time-consuming process, especially if you have a ton of posts that need visual optimization.
You may find yourself thinking, “I have a great idea for a blog post, but how do I convey that in an image or an illustration?
Penji offers unlimited graphic design services to content creators.
To help bloggers and small businesses save time, money, and stress in creating images, Penji is offering an unlimited graphic design service that ensures that their subscribers can get what they want without looking for a freelancer every time.
What is Penji Ideal for:
Penji is most suited for:
- Small businesses that do not have the means to hire a full design team
- Solopreneurs looking to outsource some of their subsidiary tasks to focus on the main aspects of their business.
- Social media managers looking for social graphics to accompany their social posts
- Bloggers looking for supporting images for their posts.
- Small agencies who want to add design services to their packages
Now, if you are reading this, then it means that you fall into one of the above groupings, so let’s dig deeper to see if Penji is really worth your money, shall we?
What is Penji All About
Penji is a design service that offers unlimited design for content creators.
The idea behind this project is to help all those people who have a great blog and social media posts but lack the skills, time or budget required to make them stand out.
Penji was founded to help bloggers, small business owners and solopreneurs who are sick of seeing their beautiful blog posts and social media posts get buried on the internet.
Penji is a digital design company that offers a wide range of designs for your marketing needs, all at affordable subscription packages.
- Website: https://www.penji.co
- Year Founded: 2017
- HQ Location: Camden, New Jersey
What designs can you order from Penji?
Literally anything, common being:
- Social graphics
- Landing pages
- App Design
- Web Design
- Tshirt Design
- Stationery, Packaging and Labels
- Banners etc.
There is no denying that creating graphics takes time and the other thing is that we are in a very image-oriented world. To keep up with the existing trend, marketers and content, creators need graphics to accompany their social media posts and blog posts for better branding and marketing approach.
Penji Pricing Model
Penji uses a subscription form of monetization. This means that instead of being charged per graphic, you are billed monthly for the whole package.
The pricing model is split into three plans, namely:
- Pro Plan ( $399 a month),
- Team Plan ($499 a month) and the
- Agency Plan ($849)
Penji Review — Advantages of using Penji:
- You get your own go-to design team for all your design needs
- Enjoy fast turnarounds on most projects, usually 2-3 days.
- Get access to useful features such as a revision tool, brand profiles and the ability to invite team members, depending on the plan you choose.
- You get your own account manager to help you as and when you need assistance.
- Get access to the source files of your designs without having to pay extra.
Disadvantages of using Penji Design Services
- While you have access to the account manager, you cannot talk to the designers directly.
- It might not be the best investment if you only need 2-3 design projects a month.
- Some designs such as apps and websites are only available in the more expensive plans.
- Penji does not offer app or web development services, only the design.
Penji Review: Quality, Support & User Experience.
With most unlimited services, design quality is always a major concern. However, with Penji, this shouldn’t be an issue as the service offers unlimited revisions and unlimited access to the design team, so you can directly communicate any concerns or issues you have with their designs.
Penji’s crew comprises highly experienced and professional designers. In fact, some of their biggest clients include big names such as Aweber, Lyft, Penn and Express, all being multimillion-dollar companies.
Penji’s Dashboard is simple and minimalistic, making it easy for you to find what you are looking for, manage orders as well as request revisions.
The Penji Dashboard also allows you to keep track of all the work your design team does for you. For instance, you can request revisions by clicking on the design of interest, view the past revision history or even share the delivered image with others for feedback.
Part of what makes a good service stand out is great customer support, and this is something Penji does exceedingly well.
They offer live chat as well as email support. If they’re not available when you get in touch with them, you can expect a reply within 2 hours.
Creating Brands in Penji
Brands are what form the basis of any design project, and Penji takes this to the core. With Penji, you can create unlimited Brands in your dashboard. You can then go ahead and make design requests associated with these brands.
This feature comes in handy if you are a freelance designer using Penji for different clients or a solopreneur with different ventures. It allows you to keep your clients’ branding separate and improve the design experience overall.
Ways you can use Penji to grow your Business
Outsource design services for your clients
If you are an agency or a freelance designer, you can use Penji to outsource your client’s design needs making it easy to serve several clients at the same time.
Having your own personal design team at your disposal means you will be able to provide high-quality designs for your clients on short notice and guarantee the success of their marketing campaigns.
Use Penji as a tool for client acquisition.
One of the biggest challenges most freelancers and business owners face is acquiring new clients.
However, with Penji’s Design as a Service offering, this becomes easy. Once your website is live, you can use Penji’s Design as a Service to quickly create stunning designs and use them to promote yourself online or display them as your work portfolio. Either way, you will attract the attention of more potential clients who are browsing the Web.
Get designs for your print-on-demand business.
If you own a print-on-demand business, chances are you will need designs for your products. These can include images that depict the product or even its packaging to further entice customers.
With Penji’s design service, you can create different shirts designs, including t-shirts, tank-tops, sweatshirts, long-sleeves, hoodies or even custom sizes, with your own brand on them at a low cost.
Having worked with POD services such as Printful, Merch by Amazon and Red Bubble, their team is familiar with the design requirements and will tailor them accordingly, so you won’t have to.
Brand your business in days, not months
With Penji’s design service, you can create branding assets such as logos, branded social graphics, web design, packaging designs and UX design that will help you brand your business faster.
This helps save time and money that would have been spent on hiring a design agency or freelancer to do the same.
Penji Work Samples
Packaging and Labels
Who Can Subscribe to Penji?
- Startups and Small Businesses: If you are a startup or a small business, Penji’s design service makes it easier for you to get started branding your business. You can use its unlimited graphic design service to brand your company and avoid the expenses of hiring a designer from outside.
- Merch sellers: Penji helps merch sellers scale up their businesses by accessing custom designs at scale, meaning new custom design ideas, hence new product listing ideas. Since you’re assigned different designers for every project, you’ll have access to versatile skills and a pool of creativity.
- Design Agencies: As a design agency, you can use Penji to get access to unlimited design, improve efficiency and reduce costs by having your own design team at your disposal.
- Freelance Graphic Designers: A Penji subscription allows you to become more efficient by outsourcing more design work at a lower cost while still maintaining quality designs.
- Marketing Teams: Using Penji, marketing teams can outsource design assets, including social graphics, website design and other marketing collateral. Penji’s Design-as-a-Service offering allows team members to get quality designs created for social media campaigns, presentations and even print materials as and when they need them.
How Many Projects Can You Handle?
For the past few years, many agencies have come to regret not having a backup plan in place when they go through periods of high workload where they struggle to meet deadlines. Little wonder they end up getting more work and struggle to deliver on time, all the while compromising quality.
For example, an agency with a team of 4 designers will definitely require at least 2 or 3 weeks to design assets for one project. With Penji, you can request projects as and when you need them and access your account 24/7.
How to Get Started with Penji Unlimited Design Service
To get started with Penji, follow the following steps
Step 1: Choose your package
There are three options here, Pro, Team and Agency Plans. Unless you want to have a few couples of design projects done every month, Pro or Team plans will work for you.
Click here to select your plan, create an account and get set up in minutes
Step 2: Create your Brands
While you might want to jump right in and start requesting designs, you need to build a library of your branding assets within Penji to enable the team when creating your designs.
To create a brand, navigate to Brands item in the main navigation. Click on Create brand and fill in the required details. These include:
- Brand name
- Description of the brand
- Brand guideline (you can upload a file)
- Brand colors (Hex codes).
- Attachments (files, logos, icons, fonts, etc.)
You can create different Brands for different use cases.
Step 3: Submit project details.
Once you’ve made a choice, you can then give your project details to Penji. To submit a project, navigate to Projects Board, then on the displayed page, click on the green +New Project button.
Next, name your project and select a design category. You can also opt for the custom project if non of the design options work for you.
The next details that you will be required will vary based on the design category and may include a project description, choosing a brand to associate the project with, uploading attachments and the desired source file type for your completed designs.
Step 4: Wait for designers to submit their proposals
When you submit a project to Penji, the system will inform all designers and provide them with the necessary details. Designers can then submit designs and work on your projects as and when they have time. This way, you’ll always be working with one or more designers even if they’re not available at that moment.
Step 5: Get your new designs.
Once designers are done with their proposals, you can review them and pick the one that works best for you. You usually get 2-3 design options per project. You can then choose one that appeals to you the most, use it as is, or request for modification by clicking on the image.
Step 6: Receive Modified Designs
Once you’ve made your choice and approved the final changes, you can then download your design files. You’ll get the source files, images, fonts and any other attachments that are needed to use your new designs.
Note that this is something you won’t be able to do on other graphic design services hence giving you total control over your completed designs.
Best Penji Alternatives
Some of the best alternatives to Penji.co include:
- Kimp: An unlimited graphic design service that provides both graphics and videos that help small and medium businesses to scale their marketing efforts quickly while boosting audience engagement. Read our Kimp review here
Overall Review: Final Thoughts
Penji’s Design as a Service comes in handy for startups and businesses that require a burst of design work to bring their vision to life.
If you are just starting, have limited funds and need great designs fast, Penji is the perfect solution to rapidly create brand assets, serve design clients or promote your business.
With a simple signup process and an easy-to-navigate dashboard, it does not get any easier to get started with Penji. Their designers are experienced and proactive, making necessary changes as you request them.
All in all, if you’re looking for a graphic design service that is quick, responsive and of high quality, then Penji should be on your list of services to try out.
Their pricing is affordable for small businesses and solopreneurs who lack the necessary resources for graphic designer salaries.
The unlimited revisions, speedy services, quality designs and transparent company values are just a few of the many reasons why you should be using Penji as part of your marketing package.
There aren’t many other companies that offer quality graphic design services in bulk at affordable rates for businesses and startups, which is what separates them from the rest.
What is an unlimited design service?
Unlimited design service means that you only pay a flat monthly fee instead of paying per design. Once your first design project is complete, Penji then moves on to your next project in the queue as long as you are a paying customer.
What is included in Penji’s Design as a Service package?
There are three packages to choose from, Pro, Team and Agency. Pro plan does not include APP and Web Design. The Agency plan gives you 2 dedicated designers to work with, meaning double output.