Hey pet bloggers!
If you're looking for some fresh pet blog topics to cover on your pet niche blog then look no further… In this article, I highlight over 200 pet blog ideas across different domains and angles, so there sure is something for everyone.
Having 100 pet blog post ideas at your disposal will give you a starting point (and some backups) so that you can get back to what matters: writing!
What’s Pet Blogging?
Pet blogging is a niche that focuses on any topic about pets, pet products, and pet activities.
It’s not just writing about pets in general, but also about the sub-niches that exist in the pet industry. For instance, pet agility sports is a blog niche that can make you money through online programs and affiliate marketing.
General Pet Blog Ideas
- Breeds That Make Great Family Pets
- 101 Ways to Make Your Pet's Life Better
- How to Choose the Right Pet for You and Your Family
- Is Your Pet Overexposed or Under Engaged?
- Is Your Dog Choking by the Stove? A Blog Around Pet Safety.
- Top 10 Dog Blogs of All Time for Dog Lovers
- 25 Funny Names for Puppies That'll Make You Laugh
- How Many Dogs Are Too Many?
- Tips for Caring for Your Senior Dog or Cat
- 7 Most Popular Pets to Have
- 30 Happy Birthday Tips for Dogs: a List Post With Short Tips on How to Celebrate Your Dog's Birthday.
- 5 Reasons to Consider Getting a Guinea Pig as a Pet
- Twenty Ways to Keep Your Pets Entertained This Summer
- How to Choose the Best Dog Breeds
- 77 Fun Things to Do With Your Cat
- Top Tips for Visiting a Pet Store
- Best Low-maintenance Pets
Pet Health and Wellness Topics for Blogging
- A Guide to Choosing the Best Dog Food for Your Pet
- How to Choose a Great Boarding Kennel for Your Dog
- 7 Reasons Why Your Cat Is Not Eating
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe During the Holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Top 10 Things to Do With Your Pet This Weekend
- How Do You Know When It's Time to Take Your Pet in for a Checkup? (or When It's Okay to Wait?)
- How to Treat Your Pet's Fleas
- The Best Flea Medication for Cats and Dogs (and Why It's Worth the Extra Cost)
- Caring for Dogs With Food Allergies
- Skin Problems in Dogs
- Allergies in Pets
- Most Common Medical Conditions for Dogs and Cats
- How Do I Know if My Dog Has Worms?
- 10 Most Common Skin Infections in Dogs
- Treating Skin Problems in Dogs
- How Can I Tell if My Dog Has an Ear Infection?
- How to Treat Ear Infection in Dogs
- if You’re a Veterinarian, Pet Owner, or Aspiring Blogger, These 100 Ideas Are Sure to Spark Your Imagination and Get You Started on Future Blog Posts.
- How to Tell if Your Cat Is Sick
- How to Tell if Your Dog Is Sick
- What to Do if Your Dog Eats Something Poisonous
- What to Do if Your Cat Eats Something Poisonous
- Dog Arthritis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- How to Treat Heartworms in Dogs
- Natural Remedies for Dog Ear Infection Treatment
- How to Manage Dog Diarrhea After Antibiotics
- What to Know About Bird Mites
- Choosing the Right Collar for Your Dog
- The Best Cat Beds for Every Style of Cat
- Harnesses Vs Collars: Which Is Best for Your Dog, According to Veterinarians
- The Best Products for Keeping Pets Clean and Comfortable
- Best Dog Travel Crates
- 21 Best Indestructible Dog Toys: Top Picks for Aggressive Chewers
- 17 of the Best Dog Beds
- Dog Collars: a Comprehensive Review
- a Guide to Pet Food Ingredients
- The 9 Best Leashes for Dogs That Pull
- Things to Keep in Mind When Buying a Pet Product
- Pet Products That Make Life Easier for Pet Owners
Pet Adoption Topics
Pet adoption is an important topic for your pet-related blog. If you’re a pet blogger, you can write about pet adoption in your own way and share your experiences with others.
Here are some common pet adoption topics you can discuss:
- Beginners Guide to Dog Adoption
- 10 Most Common Pitfalls to Avoid When Adopting a Dog
- 10 Pitfalls to Avoid When Adopting a Dog: a Blog About the Challenges of Adopting a Dog From a Local Shelter.
- Everything You Need to Know When Fostering a Dog
- The Top 10 Things to Know Before Adopting a Dog
- What You Need to Know About Adopting a Senior Dog
- Best Blogs About Pet Adoption to Follow
- Pet Adoption Is an Important Topic for Your Pet-related Blog. If You’re a Pet Blogger, You Can Write About Pet Adoption in Your Own Way and Share Your Experiences With Others.
- 10 Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog
- How to Choose a Pet From the Shelter
- 5 Tips to Help You Find the Right Dog for You and Your Family
- Why You Should Consider Adopting a Cat Instead of Getting One From a Pet Store?
- What to Do After Adopting a New Dog
- How Do I Adopt a Pet?
- What Should I Know About Dog Adoption?
- What Should I Know About Cat Adoption?
- How Much Does It Cost to Adopt a Pet From an Animal Shelter?
- Adopting an Older Dog Vs. Adopting a Puppy: Which Is Better?
Pet Supplies, Food, and Nutrition
- How to Feed a Cat Who Overeats
- 21 Dangerous Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat
- Best Places to Buy Pet Supplies Online
- How to Buy Pet Supplies Online
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Cat Food
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Dog Food
- How to Choose the Right Harness for Your Dog
- What Are the Best Treats for Dogs?
- The Best Dog Food Brands for Your Puppy
Pet Lifestyle Topics
- How to Tell if You’re Allergic to Dogs
- The Connection Between Dogs and Happiness
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Dogs—cynophobia
- Understanding Your Dog’s Body Language
- Why Do Dogs Make Eye Contact
- 13 Fascinating Reasons People Like Dogs
- 8 Simple Ways to Spoil Your Pet
- 10 Tips for Living With a Cat (and 5 Mistakes You're Probably Making)
Pets and Traveling
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe When You're Away From Home
- The Five Must-have Travel Essentials for Your Dog
- The Four Must-have Travel Essentials for Your Cat
- Tips for Traveling With Your Pets
Pets and Personal Finance Topics
- What’s Pet Insurance?
- How Much Does It Cost to Buy a Dog?
- How to Save on Dog Food?
- Pet Health Insurance: a Safety Net
- How Expensive Is Doggy Daycare in New York?
- How Expensive Is Doggy Daycare in Chicago
- How Much Is Dog Daycare at Petsmart?
- How Expensive Is It to Own a Corgi?
- How Much to Get a Dog Neutered?
- How Much to Get a Dog Sprayed?
- How to Save on Your Pet’s Spray?
- How to Save Money on Vet Bills by Preventing Illness in Your Pets
Pet Insurance Topics
- 7 Best Pet Insurance Companies to Consider
- Pumpkin Insurance Review
- How Much Is Pet Insurance and What Does It Cover?
- How Does Pet Insurance Work?
- What Is Pet Insurance?
- 7 Reasons to Get Insurance for Your Pet Today
- Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
- Do Older Pets Need Health Insurance?
- Different Types of Pet Health Insurance
- What Are Pre-existing Conditions in Pet Insurance?
- Understanding Pet Insurance
- The Ultimate Guide to Pet Insurance
- How to Start a Pet Blog and Make Money
- How to Choose a Web Hosting Company for Your Pet Blog
- Best Web Hosting Services for Pet Bloggers
- 100 Dog Blog Post Ideas to Write About on Your Dog Blog
- 23 Cat Blog Post Ideas for Cat Bloggers
- 22 Fish Blog Post Ideas to Write About on Your Fish Blog
- 15 Bird Blog Post Ideas to Write About on Your Bird Blog,
- 21 Horse Blog Post Ideas for Bloggers Who Write About Horses as Pets
Pet DIY Topics
- Top 10 Tips for Caring for Your Cat's Claws (and Why It's Important!)
- How to Make Homemade Dog Treats Without Sugar or Wheat
- How to Make a Diy Dog Toy From Old Socks and Tennis Balls
- How to Make a Diy Dog Bed Out of Old Cardboard Boxes
- How to Groom Your Dog at Home
Pet News and Trends Blog Topics
- The Top 5 Most Popular Dog Breeds in the US
Pets and Kids
- Best Dog Breeds for Kids
Pets and Living
- Best Dog Breeds for Apartment Living
- How to Introduce a New Animal Into the Family
- How to Find the Right Pet Sitter for Your Dog
- How to Stop Your Dog From Barking at Night (It's Easier Than You Think)
- How to Build a Strong Bond With Your Pet
- Advice on How to Deal With Common Pet Behaviors Such as Barking, Scratching, Begging, Etc.
- How to Create a “Pet-friendly” Home
- Why You Should Spay or Neuter Your Pet (and Why That's Important)
- How to Get Your Cat to Stop Scratching the Furniture
Dog Blogging Ideas
If your pet blog is majorly or exclusively about dogs, then you can use the dog blog ideas in this section to help you brainstorm what to blog about next
a) General Dog Blog Topics
- Why Are Puppies So Cute? What Science Tells Us
- Top 10 Most Affectionate Dog Breeds (With Pictures)
- 7 Signs Your Dog Is Stressed or Depressed
- 10 Best Emotional Support Dog Breeds
- Why Do Dogs Lick the Air?
- Dog Behavior Problems
- Why Dogs Are Actually Good for Your Health—and How They Can Help You Live Longer Healthier Lives!
b) Dog Blogging
- 100 Pet Blog Post Ideas for Pet Bloggers
- 30 Dog Blog Post Ideas for Dog Bloggers
- How to Start a Pet Blog and Make Money
- How to Start a Dog Niche Blog That Makes Money
- Best Affiliate Programs for Pet Bloggers
- Pet Blogging: Now You Can Write for a Cause: a Blog About How You Can Use Your Pet Blog to Help Out Animals in Need.
- 7 Ways to Make Money From Your Pet Blog
- How Do Dog Bloggers Make Money?
c) Dog Business Topics
- 5 Best Careers for People Who Love Dogs
- Top 25 Dog Business Ideas That Are Profitable
- How to Start a Dog Grooming Business
- How to Make Money Dog Walking
- How You Can Tie in Your Local Animal Shelter With Your Pet Blog
- Top 8 Companies to Find Dog Walking Jobs
- 8 Apps for Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Jobs
- Pet Sitting Jobs for Beginners
- How to Start a Pet Sitting Business From Home
- How to Start a Doggy Daycare Business
- Wag Dog-walker Review
- Rover Review for Dog Walkers
- Fetch Pet Care Review
- PetSitter.com Review
- DogVacay Review
- Barkly Pets Review
- Holidog Marketplace Overview
- Petbacker Review
d) Dog Training Topics
- Train Your Dog to Meditate With You
- Train Your Dog to Do Yoga With You
- Dog Obedience Training: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- What to Look for When Hiring a Dog Trainer
- Professional Dog Training Programs to Consider
- 9 Best Books on Dog Training
- 5 Best Udemy Courses on Training Your Dog
- Best Skillshare Classes on Dog Training
- How to Teach Your Dog to Walk on a Leash
- How to Stop Your Dog From Barking
- Tips for Training Dogs With Behavioral Issues (Like Aggression or Anxiety)
- How to Train Your Dog to Not Jump on People
e) Dog Grooming Topics
- The Ultimate Guide to Dog Grooming
- Dog Grooming Tips for Beginners
- How to Choose the Right Pet Groomer for Your Dog
- How to Groom Your Dog at Home
- Dog Grooming Tools You Need at Home
- How to Give Your Dog a Bath
- How to Trim Your Dog's Nails at Home
- a Review of the Best Dog Shampoo Products
- How to Give Your Dog a Haircut at Home
- The Best Way to Soothe a Crying Puppy
- How to Potty Train a Puppy, Step by Step
- 11 Best Toys for Puppies
- How to Stop Your Puppy From Biting
- What's the Best Way to Get a Puppy House Trained?
Cat Blog Topics
a) General Cat Blog Topics
- Top 10 Most Popular Cat Breeds
- A Beginner's Guide to Grooming Cats—how to Brush Them, Bathe Them, and More!
- The Best Way to Clean Up After Your Cat's Litter Box
- Cat Behavior Problems
- How to Know if Your Cat Is Dehydrated
- Is Your Outdoor Cat Safe at Night?
- Top 10 Ways to Keep Your Cat's Skin Healthy and Shiny
- Do Cats Like Belly Rubs? And More!
- The Benefits of Owning a Cat: 10 Things That Are Better When You Have Cats
b) Cat Training
- How to Train a Cat: the Beginner’s Guide
- How to Train Your Cat to Use the Toilet
- Tips for Training Cats With Behavioral Issues (Like Aggression or Anxiety)
- What to Know Before You Start Cat Training
- Common Cat Training Methods
- 11 Best Toys for Kittens
Birds Blog Topics
- How to Take Care of Your Pet Bird's Feathers
- What Foods Are Toxic for Parrots?
Personal Blog Ideas for Pet Blogging
- Write a post about your own pets and what they like to eat, drink and play with.
- Write about your favorite veterinarian and why they're so great at what they do!
- Share some tips for how owners can keep their pets healthy and happy.
- Interview other pet bloggers about their experiences with blogging or owning pets in general!
- Narrate some funny stories about your pets (or other people's pets) that will make readers laugh
- Talk about how much love there is between humans and their four-legged friends
- Tell readers about how much joy having a pet can bring into one's life and why it's so important for people not to abandon animals when they become too difficult or expensive to care for properly.
Wrapping up on Pet Bog Topics
That was a blast, let's do it again sometime!
This article has been a blast to write, and I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed researching and writing on these topical ideas.
And, who knows, maybe you gave some of these ideas a whirl…in that case, tell us how they worked out! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.