Skincare can be a pretty daunting niche to get into, but if you have a passion for it, you will actually enjoy researching and writing on this beauty sub-niche.
When it comes to choosing what skincare blog topics to cover, you aren’t out of options. From reviewing skincare products, and providing care tips for different types of skins to tackling more expert topics such as acne treatments and home remedies, your options are limitless.
Of course, if your skincare blog is further niched down, then you want to cover only those topics that interest your readers.
Skincare Blog Topics
To help you brainstorm what these skincare topics should be, I have enumerated over 100 of them, breaking them down into 7 different categories.
Skin Care Routine Topics
Skincare routine is a scope that you definitely must cover if you have a skincare blog. Now, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all to this, as the routines depend on the weather, seasons, complexions, and skin type.
Luckily, this is an advantage since you can create a cluster of skincare routines, and build an authority in the eyes of Google.
You want to have a pillar page on Skincare routine (say something like Ultimate Guide to Developing an Effective Skincare Routine for any Skin Type), and then create supporting pages on the topics below, while linking to your main skincare routine page.
- How to develop a skincare routine that works for you (This can also be your pillar content)
- 5 reasons your skincare routine isn’t working
- Why you should exfoliate your skin twice a week
- Skincare routine for women who wear makeup
- Skincare routine for men
- Skincare routine for teenagers
- Skincare routine for the acne-prone
- Skincare routine tips for each season
- What should your daily skincare routine include?
- Beginner’s guide to skincare
- Your skincare routine isn't working—here's why!
- Best products to use with your skincare routine
- Inside look into my skincare routine
- The best skincare routine for your skin type
- Skincare routine for anti-aging
- Skincare routine for the 30s
- Skincare routine for the 40s
- Skincare routine for combination skin
- Skincare routine for normal skin
- How to use tretinoin in your skincare routine
- 5 benefits of having a skincare routine
- Benefits of a morning skincare routine
Skincare Product Topics
The best skincare products can be hard to find, so help your readers navigate the confusing world of skincare products, with your best recommendations and shopping guidance.
This is a critical topic… you can’t run a successful skincare beauty blog without talking about skincare products. These are your money-posts, so spend time creating quality recommendation and review posts.
You can then monetize these posts by including your affiliate links. There are several skincare affiliate programs you can join that have high-converting products in this industry.
- Why you should ditch those expensive moisturizers for these affordable alternatives
- Top 5 skincare products for winter skin
- Which sunscreen is best for your skin type?
- The best facial masks for dry skin
- Skincare product guide for different skin types
- How to shop for skincare products online
- 31 All-natural makeup brands that care about your skin
- Top 5 skincare products under $50 you can't live without this summer!
- 8 best drugstore face washes for acne-prone skin that actually work (and don't break the bank)
- 7 best natural skin care products that are must-have
- 9 products that go well with Retinol
- 5 viral skincare products that are just but the hype
- Best products for pores size reduction
- 13 best hydrating skincare products
- The best moisturizers for dry skin
- 9 CBD skincare products you should try
- How to choose the right sunscreen for your needs
- Best night cream for dry skin
- Best night creams for oily skins
Topics on Caring About Your Skin
It’s no secret that everyone wants a beautiful complexion. From celebrities to everyday women, everyone is obsessed with having smooth, glowing skin. Unfortunately, not all of us have the time or money to go to a dermatologist or get regular facials.
That’s where you come in. You can write on topics around caring about your skin on your blog. For topics to cover in this skincare category, here are a few:
- Skincare tips for sensitive skin
- Skincare tips for oily skin
- Skincare tips for dry skin
- Why you should switch to toxin-free all-natural makeup products
- What causes dry patches on your face?
- Layering basics— how to layer on your products
- How to avoid maskne
- How to reduce wrinkles that come with age
- Different ways to improve dry skin
- Determining your skin type so as to know what products to use
- Why you should use a sunscreen
Expert Skin Care Topics
- How to pick a right dermatologist
- 10 DIY ingredient products that are harming your skin
- 10 types of common skin problems
- How are Eurocentric beauty products harming people of color
- 21 Skin care experts shared their tips with us
- Correlation between sleep and healthy skin
- Can you sleep your way into healthier, brighter skin?
- The effects of stress on the body and skin
Skin Care Remedies
- How to get rid of dark circles under your eyes
- How to get rid of acne quickly and effectively
- DIY skincare recipes
- How to reduce acne scars naturally
- Natural remedies for psoriasis
- Skincare remedies for pimples
- Skincare remedies for acne
- 5 At-home skincare remedies to try
- 9 skincare remedies to attain a spotless skin
- Skincare remedies for oily skin
- Skincare remedies for Summer
- 11 benefits of honey for your skin and hair
Skin Care Lifestyle Topics
Skincare is a lifestyle. It’s not just about the products you use — it’s about living a healthy and balanced life.
Here are some blog topics related to skincare, health, and lifestyle that can help you attract more readers:
- Skin care tips for busy women
- How to make a basic skincare routine
- 31 best skincare quotes to inspire you
- 20+ skincare myths that need busting
- Correlation between skincare and wellness
- The importance of cleansing your skin
- Struggles with applying skincare products
- 67 skincare quotes for rethinking skincare
Skincare Blogging and Business Topics
- Best skincare brands to inspire you
- Lucrative skincare niches for starting a skincare business
- How to start a skincare business
- How to start a skincare and beauty blog
- Skincare business name ideas
- Skincare business plan explained
- Why do you need a skincare
- Skincare brands in your country
- Developing a skincare business plan
Personal Care Topics
- How to get rid of acne scars
- What to do when your skin is oily during summer
- How to make your own lip scrub
- How often should I exfoliate my face? And what kind of exfoliator should I use?
- Skincare product guide for different skin types
- The worst skincare products I will never use again
- Can’t believe I made these 7 outrageous skincare mistakes
- Should I go natural or chemical-free when it comes to makeup?
- My all-time favorite skincare products
- How to pick the right sunscreen skin protection products
- How to get that glowing skin once again
- How to easily conceal blemishes with these simple makeup products
- How to use serums and creams in your skincare routine
What makes a great skincare blog?
There are lots of things that make a great skincare blog, but I think most would agree that it's one with an engaging voice and personality. You can tell when someone is passionate about what they're writing about — it comes through in both their writing style and the advice they’re giving.
When it comes to skincare blogs, it really is two-fold:
Having an authentic voice: Your readers will know if you're just dabbling in skincare or if you really are genuinely passionate about your undertakings. Make sure your blog sounds like you!
Helpful content: Steer away from topics that you have no expertise in, and double down on your strengths. Also, being vulnerable can help you connect with your readers, rather than claiming to be an expert in an area where you clearly aren’t.