I have curated a list of the most trusted online money-making sites, suitable for anyone looking to venture into a digital side hustle business. Either full-time or as a means to make extra income outside of work hours.
The art and science of making money online is really simple, and often it boils down to two things:
- Have a product or service to sell or promote
- Find the most suitable prospects and pitch your products.
These two apply to you, regardless of the strategy you choose to make money. That said, there are several ways you can make money today, from affiliate marketing, teaching a program, selling ebooks, and running display ads with Google Adsense to short-term means such as doing online surveys for quick bucks.
Now, when looking to make money online, you need to be wary of scams, that often sell the promise of making big bucks for very little work. If a site is paying you $5 per click you refer, then it’s probably a scam. To be safe, you need to work with trusted online money-making sites.
- What is a trusted online money-making website?
- When Is it Okay to Pay?
- Trusted Online Money Making Sites of 2022
- Upwork and Freelancing Websites
- Fiverr: Making Money with Freelance Marketplaces
- Flexjobs and Job Boards Money Sites
- Hubstaff Talent and Portfolio Websites
- Wrapping Up
What is a trusted online money-making website?
You need to use your better judgment here, especially if a site is relatively new. I advise you to stay away from websites that don’t have enough info online. It’s okay to watch from a distance, but don’t immerse yourself all in it.
A trusted online money making site will, in most cases, have:
- Genuine reviews by independent bloggers and users detailing their experience with the site
- Does not require you to pay to use the platform
- Have a detailed onboarding process
- Have lots of resources on how to use the site
- Have reachable offices and real customer support agents
- Have been in business for a while now
These are just but a few indicators of trustworthy sites. Keep in mind that some platforms, though genuine, might lack some of the things above, due to the nature of the business.
When Is it Okay to Pay?
Some websites enable you to make money online, but they aren’t money-making sites by themselves, per se. For instance, job boards. Free job boards are often filled with offers that are not genuine, so you end up wasting time applying for jobs that didn’t even exist in the first place.
In this case, paying to use a premium job board like Flexjobs Contena or Solid Gigs could be worthwhile.
Trusted Online Money Making Sites of 2022
Some of the best-trusted money-making websites include:
- Amazon Associates
- Red Bubble
- ACX and Voice Acting websites
Upwork and Freelancing Websites
Upwork is a trusted freelancing website that enjoys a blend of high-quality freelancers and clients. It’s the go-to freelancing platform for many freelancers as the clients tend to value the work that you provide.
Many freelancers only need just about 5 regular clients to start making good money from the platform. If you are a freelance writer on the platform, you will find that the rates are usually higher than you would get from a site like Fiverr, and some clients will even credit you.
The challenge that you will encounter as a new seller, is getting your first, and second sales. Without reviews, you’ve got nothing to vouch for you. You might have to bid for low-paying jobs as you hunt for your first public review. For many, getting bids accepted after a few positive reviews tends to become easier.
Getting Started as a Freelancer
When I was researching a resource for you, I came across this mastermind freelancing course on Skillshare. (meaning you can take it for free). This is definitely the most comprehensive freelancing program, spanning over 50 lessons, and 17 hours of on-demand videos.
With 17 years of experience, John Morris is the instructor that oozes lots of nuggets that will help you throughout your journey. In Let’s talk freelance, you will learn everything including finding clients, managing clients' work, understanding Upwork, boosting productivity, and balancing life.
Let’s Talk Freelance Curriculum
In the Let’s Talk Freelance, John covers the following topics:
Trusted Freelancing Websites
- Upwork: Our featured freelancing site for beginners to make money online
- Guru: To get started on Guru, you need to create an account and start applying for jobs. You are allowed to make up to 10 proposals per month for free, so make sure you only apply for jobs that you most qualify for. You can purchase bids if you want to make more proposals
- Codeable: The only freelance platform for WordPress developers. If you are a web developer specializing in WordPress themes and plugins, theme this money-making site is worth checking.
- 99Designs: Best for graphic designers
Fiverr: Making Money with Freelance Marketplaces
Fiverr is a popular freelance marketplace where you can list almost any service that other people are looking for, from SEO writing, WordPress development, image, and video editing, to more complex works like full software development, etc.
What makes Fiverr great, is that it’s possible to get a consistent stream of clients every month without having to constantly bid on jobs. You do need to work on getting raving your first 5 star raving reviews, and there are a few strategies you can use to achieve that.
Compared to bidding platforms like Upwork, Fiverr falls behind in the quality of clients on the site. The majority are one-time-off clients and pay considerably less than what they would on Upwork.
How to get started on Fiverr?
If you are new to Fiverr, I recommend enrolling in this course by Skillshare. Use my link to take this course for FREE for the next 30 days. This 30-day free access offer grants you access to all the classes on the platform(16000 and counting)
Other Freelance Marketplaces
Besides Fiverr, here are some other popular trusted freelancing sites for beginners:
- Fiverr: Our featured freelance marketplace website where you can sell any service from as low as $5 to as high as $50,000 depending on the complexity of the project. Now including subscriptions, suitable for management services such as blog management and social media management.
- PeoplePerHour: Best freelance marketplace for SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Design, and Software Development services amongst others.
Flexjobs and Job Boards Money Sites
Flexjobs is a paid job board with a huge collection of new remote jobs being posted daily. Current overs are 30,200 jobs.
What sets Flexjobs apart from the free job boards is that it carefully screens the job posts and only allows legitimate offers on the site.
Many remote workers have used the platform to land high-paying remote jobs, so it’s worth giving it a shot. I believe it only costs $7 a month, and even less when you choose to pay annually.
Their massive database of companies hiring remote workers is the best way to find trusted money-making sites as Flexjobs takes the initiative to screen and profile the companies accordingly.
Besides the job posts, this platform supports you in your job search hunt, with the resources you need including career tips, weekly Q&As with a career coach, skill tests, etc.
Trusted Job Boards Websites for Making Money
- Flexjobs: Best for finding remote working opportunities. Being a premium job board with hundreds of employees managing submissions and reviewing companies, you can be sure that most jobs here are genuine.
- Solid Gigs: This platform is best for looking for freelance work. You complete your profile to let the platform know the kinds of work you are open to, and each time there is a suitable match, you will get an alert.
- ProBloggers Job Board: This is a popular free job board platform with lots of quality job opportunities. Being free means that there’s lots of competition, so crafting the right pitches that will make you stand out is critical. Clients are charged $70 per job posting, so you can be sure that scammers are drastically reduced.
- Contena Job Board: Contena, apart from offering a training program and other resources for writers, also has a frequently updated job board with lots of freelance opportunities. Contena is a premium platform
- BloggingPro: This is a free job board featuring writing jobs, from SEO writing, content marketing to copywriting and technical writing
Hubstaff Talent and Portfolio Websites
Hubstaff talent is more of a portfolio site, but still one step to making money online. To do that, HubSpot Talent allows you to create a professional profile and listing for the services that you provide.
Many employers are using the platform to outsource their tasks, and so if your profile appeals to them, they can contact you directly and you start the negotiations.
Another advantage of using this platform is its robust job board. Use this to apply for jobs that suit your expertise without having to pay a subscription. Most of the job postings are genuine and pay well.
Trusted Money Making Portfolio Sites
- Hubstaff Talent: Create a professional portfolio and let prospects contact you directly
- Behance: Showcase your design works and attract potential clients. Best for graphic designers, UI/UX designers, and DevOps.
- Dribble: Best for freelance creatives such as designers, photographers, animators, and illustrators
- Contently: Best portfolio for writers and content marketers
- CarbonMade: This is a premium portfolio site, nest for copywriters, designers, DevOps, artists, illustrators, etc.
I hope this list of some of the most trusted online money-making sites has given you the direction on where to start looking for that first $100 dollars online.