Are you a mom blogger looking for blog post ideas to spice up your blog?
Perhaps you are a mom who has been blogging for some time now but keeps wondering how to come up with fresh and unique ideas. Either way, this post is for you.
What can I possibly write about? How often do you find yourself asking yourself these questions? Yes, we all have our family stories and funny moments to share – maybe that's what your blog is made up of already.
I have been blogging for four years now, but sometimes after a week or so of writing my blog posts, I start to feel that nothing else is worth sharing on my blog.
It has got me thinking, though… What if there are other bloggers out there who also face the same issue?
How am I going to find out new ideas?
You can always rely on other bloggers for ideas. There are moms just like you who have blogs with unique content and readers that keep coming back. Take their ideas as inspiration for your own posts.
Some of the best ways to come up with unique mom blog topics include:
- Polling your readers, “If you could choose one thing which would make your life easier and get more done as a busy mom, what would that be?”
- Asking your readers through surveys
- Studying what other mom bloggers are talking about
- Watching what is trending on the news and social media
- Visit the library and check out a book on topics that interest you, then write a review of it or make notes of pages to reference later.
- Look for stories in magazines and newspapers about issues that concern moms, such as career advice, nutrition, and education.
- Do some research about the latest health trends or parenting tips and write a post that shares your findings.
- Pay attention to what is going on in your personal life – you never know when you will stumble upon an interesting topic for a blog post. Talk to friends, ask them questions or even conduct some surveys.
- Brainstorm with other members of your mom's group to come up with new mom blog ideas.
- Reach out to others in your network and ask for help. Your friends, family members, coworkers, or other moms may have suggestions you never thought of.
Hot Mom Blog Topics and Ideas for Your Inspiration
Here is a list of over 200 mom blog ideas I've listed for you to possibly write about on your parenting blog:
General Mom Blog Topics
- Best gift ideas for new mommies
- Tricks for dealing with a newborn
- Tips on how to get back in shape after giving birth
- How to cope up with isolation while living far away from your friends
- How to save money as a parent
- The best apps for a moms
- Best apps for kids
- Common mistakes made by new moms
- How to make a homemade gift for your kids.
- Best blog topics for moms to write about that will keep their readers coming back for more.
- Best Mom blogs for new moms
- Best gift ideas for new moms
- Things kids learn that you wish they didn't.
- The first few days after giving birth – breastfeeding, motherhood tips, and what to expect.
- Different stages of child development and how to handle them.
- Questions to ask before your baby's due date for first-time moms.
- Why some siblings don't get along with each other and the solutions. How do you stop sibling rivalry from happening in your home?
- Baby name ideas for girls
- Baby name ideas for boys
- How to decide on a baby name
- New lifestyle ideas for new moms
- What are some things that new dads needed to know when taking care of a newborn baby?
- Dealing with difficult kids
- How do you deal with your toddler not wanting to sleep?
- Potty training
- What is the most challenging thing about having a new baby at home?
- Get ideas on how to spend quality time with your children without interruption from outside sources.
- Baby milestones
- Things to remember when traveling with a baby or small children
- Best baby blogs for every mom
Pregnancy Mom Blog Topics
- Your first few days of pregnancy
- How you found out you were pregnant and your first reactions.
- What are the top three things that scare you as a new mom?
- How to prep for an emergency cesarean – what to pack in the hospital bag and other precautions you need to take.
- What is the craziest thing you've eaten when you were pregnant?
- Foods to avoid during pregnancy
- Best foods to eat during pregnancy
- Best exercises to do while pregnant
- What is it like being pregnant for the first time?
- Tips for dealing with morning sickness
- What are your tips for keeping fit and healthy while pregnant?
- How do you choose a hospital for birth or at-home delivery?
- What is your advice for women who would like to have a natural childbirth experience?
- Birthing positions (Best labor positions)
- The most important things to bring to the hospital.
- How do you make sure that both you and your baby stay healthy throughout the whole period of pregnancy?
- How to survive the third trimester of pregnancy
- Experiences with pregnancy cravings.
- Your birth story and what happened during labor and delivery.
- Pregnancy and birth stories of older moms
- What is the best pregnancy exercise?
- Things to remember when expecting twins or triplets.
- What is it like having twins or triplets?
- Things new moms should know about having multiples.
- How was it pregnant with only one baby compared to how it felt to be carrying twins?
- How to tell twins apart as a mom
- Common questions or concerns when carrying multiples.
- What were the scariest moments of having twins?
- Raising identical twins
- The most confusing part about raising identical twins.
- Things to remember when raising multiples.
- Different types of twins (Identical, Fraternal, Siamese, and Half)
- Differences between identical twins and fraternal twins.
- Different resources you can use for raising multiples with some free and some paid.
- What are the challenges of raising multiples?
- How to raise twins or triplets
- Challenges of raising twins
Adopted kids Topics
- How to ease the anxiety of an adopted child or kid.
- How to help adopted kids adjust to their new family and home environment.
- Common issues that adopted children face as they grow up.
- What are the best ways for a parent to communicate with an adopted child?
- How should you respond to an adopted child if they have trust issues or are a bit aggressive?
- Tips on how to raise adopted kids into responsible adults.
- Methods on making the transition of raising an adopted family member smoother and easier for everyone involved.
- Insights about single parent adoption.
- Do you qualify as a single parent? Do you know what to expect as a single parent?
- Adoption processes and procedures.
- What are the common ways of adopting a child?
- What should you expect when parenting an adopted child?
- Questions you should ask when looking to adopt or foster a child.
Special Kids Parenting
- Best practices on how to raise a gifted or special-needs kid.
- Tips and techniques for raising kids with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder)
- Parenting an autistic child – How to help an autistic child cope with new things they see every day.
- How to make a child who is grieving the loss of a loved one feel more comfortable.
- Parenting a kid with Down Syndrome
- Parenting a child with Asperger's Syndrome
- Special needs parenting tips and advice.
- How do I make sure my child is safe while he plays outside?
- Raising a gifted child – Tips on how to nurture your kid's talents and skills.
- Parenting a kid with a mental illness.
Postpartum Topics for Mom Bloggers
- What were your post-pregnancy symptoms like?
- What were you looking forward to and worried about most after giving birth?
- How did your life change once you became a mom for the first time?
- What are some of the things that you regret not doing during your pregnancy?
- What do new moms need to know about breastfeeding?
- How to improve the relationship with your baby's father after a miscarriage or other pregnancy loss.
- How was having a c-section, and what can you expect afterward?
- Was seeing your newborn for the first time in person an emotional experience?
- What are some things that new moms worry about after giving birth?
- Natural birth Vs. medication
Nutrition and Baby Foods
- How to make your own organic baby food.
- What is the best way to introduce food into a baby's diet?
- The pros and cons of using formula milk to feed your child.
- What are some easy ways to incorporate healthy foods into a fussy baby's diet?
- When and how should you introduce solid food to your baby?
- Are there any homemade remedies you recommend for digestive problems in babies?
- How do you transition your baby from first foods to solids?
- How do you know if your child is allergic to their formula or food?
- When should babies start eating solid foods, and what foods are best?
- How do you make sure your baby gets enough nutrients and doesn't fall short on anything?
- How can new moms provide a healthy diet for their kids on a budget?
- Breastfeeding advice – how to prevent sore nipples, getting the best latch, and more.
- Creative tips for breastfeeding moms
- Should breastfeeding moms “pump and dump” their milk after feedings?
- How should you clean a breast pump when breastfeeding?
- Is it common for moms to get a low-milk supply if they work full time or are busy with other tasks?
- Is it important for breastfeeding mamas to take supplements or multivitamins?
- How do I know if my baby is latching on correctly while breastfeeding?
- Can you recommend any good books about breastfeeding?
- How do you breastfeed twins?
- What are the best nursing bras for mothers who are breastfeeding?
Parents' Issues and Children Questions.
- What are some ways to get your children to do chores around the house?
- How can you stop a child from behaving like a bully or interrupting others in group play?
- Things that parents should never say to their kids.
- What were some of the rules that you set for your kids when they were growing up?
- How do you make sure you get a good night's sleep when you have a baby that wakes up frequently?
- What are some ways to make sure that your newborn baby gets optimal rest and doesn't miss out on important naps?
- Should I give my child a pacifier, or should I just use my finger to soothe him when he cries?
- How do you make sure your kids aren't left out of social events because they have different interests than their peers?
- What kind of discipline tactics or punishment do you recommend for misbehaving children?
- Are timeouts effective when it comes to discipline for children?
- How should you teach your child responsibility, leadership skills, or independent living skills?
- What are some ways to get your kids interested in helping out around the house?
- Do kids like chores and responsibilities in different age groups?
- How should you get kids to do chores without nagging?
- What are the best ways to deal with sibling rivalry or fights that may arise between brothers and sisters?
Games and Activities
- Ideas for outdoor activities on a rainy day
- Stories and poems for kids
- Activities that will grow their imagination.
- Your favorite books that you enjoy reading as a grown-up and with the kids
- How do you handle siblings fighting over toys?
- Crafts for Kids – what are some cool things you've made
- Best way to keep your kids entertained during the holiday season when there are tons of visitors coming in and out of the house
- Top 5 Best outdoor activities for kids to do with the family.
Homeschooling and Kids' Learning Topics
- How do you homeschool your kids? What are the challenges, and what are some good tips for getting started?
- What is the best learning tool for teaching kids about animals?
- Best way to teach toddlers how to use a computer and navigate the internet safely.
- How to stay organized while homeschooling kids.
- What are some of the best homeschooling websites to use?
- Suggestions on how to make your home a more kid-friendly place.
- How do you teach kids new languages? What are the best methods?
- Tips for getting children interested in writing early so when they get older, they can write proficiently.
- How to keep kids interested in art? Do you have any ideas for parent-child collaborative art projects?
- Is it hard to homeschool while staying on top of your housework?
- How can I help my child get motivated for school?
- What is the best way to make learning fun for kids?
- Best Schooling Activities for kids
- Best things moms should know about homeschooling
- The easiest ways to educate kids at home. Do you homeschool? I'd love to hear from you.
- Tips on how to encourage kids to read
- What you need to know about sending a child to daycare, preschool, or kindergarten.
Product Reviews and Listicles
- Best books for mothers of babies and toddlers
- Best Pregnancy books to read in your first trimester
- Best registry items for new babies (or kids)
- Best clothes for postpartum
- Top baby products that make daily life easier with a new baby.
- What is the comfortable mommy-wear clothing brand you love and why?
- Top baby products I wish I had known about before giving birth
- Top baby products you couldn't live without!
- Which stroller do I need for twins or triplets? How does it compare to other brands/models on the market?
- What is the best sippy cup for your baby?
- Best breastfeeding products for moms.
- What is the most useful baby product that you have bought & liked?
- Most popular products on Amazon in each category that moms can't live without.
- Best toddler toys + How to prep your home for a toddler
- Mommy Product Reviews
- Must have baby products for every mom
- Which is the best crib, stroller, or car seat for babies
Money Matters Topics for Moms
- Financial advice on saving, budgeting, investing, and paying off debt.
- How to manage your finances as a single mom or a two-income family.
- Ideas for a frugal living – from cutting costs to earning extra money
- How to save money when you have twins or triplets
- Money-saving tips for parents
- How to save money on the holidays
- Money-saving tips when Christmas shopping.
- Best ways to earn an income from home
- Handmade Projects for moms to earn extra income
- How to plan a budget for mom-to-be or new mother
- Best ways for women/mothers to earn extra money.
- Helpful tips on how you can make extra cash with your home-based business.
- How to make money blogging
- Top 10 most useful items you can sell online
- Ways to save money on raising kids (i.e., clothing, food )
Fashion and Wardrobe Ideas
- What maternity clothing brands are most comfortable and flattering?
- Which are the best maternity clothes for pregnant women who want to look stylish. What are the latest trends?
- Latest fashion news for pregnant celebrities
- What are the best places to buy maternity clothes online?
- Which are the most comfortable maternity bras?
- Latest fashion trends for pregnant women.
- What are the latest maternity coats on the market & which are affordable and stylish?
- Where do you shop online for clothing + shoes when you're pregnant? (i.e., dedicated maternity store, Amazon, Nordstrom)
- Best baby “wear” brands and where you can shop for them.
- Best baby clothing lines that meet the US and European safety standards
I hope you've enjoyed this extensive list of mom blog topics that you can start blogging about. If you liked them, I would love it if you could share this post by clicking one of the social media icons below.
What are some other topics that you'd like to read about? Please leave your comments and suggestions in the comment section below.