It’s almost a norm
You hit publish and nothing happens. This is the blog post that has taken you years of experience and hours of writing, formatting and editing.
Well hitting publish isn’t where the magic happens. Content promotion is still akin to your blog success, and for some reasons, we still shy away from doing it.
Nowadays, if I don’t have a clear cut-out strategy of how I am going to promote a post, I hold back. Yes, halting makes sense when there is no clarity on the promotion path.
We don’t write to fill up our blog page.
We want our posts to be read, and our ideas to be implemented. This is the sole aim of every blog. We serve others, and so if we don’t reach them, we’ve failed.
To help you promote your latest blog post, here are some of our suggestions.
Use the table of content below to jump to specific sections of the article. I'll cover:
25 Free Places to Promote Your Blog Posts
- Create a pinnable image and share it to your most relevant Pinterest boards
- Post it to your most relevant Facebook groups, with a strong caption
- Turn your post title into a question and answer it on Quora
- Answer the most recent and highly related questions on Quora.
- Share it with most relevant subreddits
- Answer subreddits questions
- Post on Twitter with relevant hashtags
- Pin this tweet to your timeline
- Email everyone mentioned in the article, and build connections
- Include tweetable quotes in your post
- Repurpose your content into video and upload it to YouTube
- Write a short summary and post it on your LinkedIn profile
- Share it in relevant LinkedIn groups
- Find relevant niche forums such as Growthhackers
- Add your blog to Bloglovin
- Email everyone in your list, including an enticing email body content that gets people clicking
- Resend this email a week later to those who didn’t open it. Change the subject line to include a more compelling copy
- Breakdown your post into 5 parts and do a 5 day Facebook live workshop
- Repurpose your content and post it on Medium
- Republish the entire post on Medium with a canonical tag back to your original post
- Let others tweet about your content via ViralcontentBee
- Mention your content in a live webinar
- Use pretty link plugin to create a short URL that redirects to your post and mention this when doing webinars or podcasts
- Turn your blog post into a podcast by reading it aloud, recording and uploading to Podcasting platforms
- Link to this post from your well-performing and relevant blog posts
- If it’s relevant, link it from the guest posts you’ve already written if you have editorial access.
You don’t have to use all the channels above, but, here is the point: You have multiple opportunities to ensure that your content gets to your intended readers. Do the work. It’s the only sure way to get ahead.
Content Promotion Wins at Content Creation
For these strategies to work, needless to say, you need epic content. You want content that people want to see, to read, to bookmark, to share, to PRINT. And honestly, the world can do with better content. Putting this together, will take time, but it’s worth it.
To write unique and useful articles, you can try the following approaches:
- Stay alert. Open every email from the bloggers you’ve subscribed to. What insights are they sharing? Use some of these in your blog post.
- Do Twitter search. I know, it’s the last place you would ever think of. Actually, it’s underrated. Real and honest conversations happen on Twitter. A simple search can tell you what people are looking for in your industry. You will also find some insights.
- Hang around on Quora and Reddit. Here you will find questions that your potential readers and prospects are asking and you can tailor your post accordingly.
I’m writing a detailed post on content research, so make sure you have opted in to be notified. To join my email list, simply sign up with the forms on this website.
I hope these strategies will help you promote your blog posts more effectively so that you can reach a wider audience. If you have other places that you use to promote your blog posts, then be sure to share.