Want to expand the reach of your brand and improve your company reputation? Instagram is an excellent platform for you to get more benefits and build an effective marketing campaign.
In this article, I share 13+ Top Instagram marketing strategies that can enhance your brand presence!
You can read this blog till the end, and you will get amazing ideas to run a successful online campaign.
Let's get detailed.
- 1. Find Your Target Audience
- 2. Switch Over Instagram Business Account
- 3. Optimize Your Instagram Profile
- 4. Create Eye-Catchy Contents
- 5. Use Hashtags Frequently
- 6. Take Advantage of Instagram Stories
- 7. Use Story Highlights to Boost Your Engagement
- 8. Go Instagram Live
- 9. Post Content At Peak Time
- 10. Partner With Influencers
- 11. Increase Your Audience With Instagram Ads
- 12. Try Instagram Contests
- 13. Track Your Strategies With Instagram Analytics
1. Find Your Target Audience
Without followers, you will struggle to reach your posts to more audiences, and you cannot generate more sales. If you've already developed a target market for other social media platforms, this is a simple step. If you haven't, here are some tips to find your target audience:
- Follow other users that are similar to your business and track their audiences.
- Create customer personas that help to get the detailed demographics.
- Discover people who are truly interested in your business.
- Use your existing customers to find more followers.
If you define your target customers, you can create effective content that speaks directly to the audience.
2. Switch Over Instagram Business Account
Having an Instagram business profile gives you access to different functions and tools such as advertising features, analytics on your posts and stories, and additional call to action buttons.
Here are the steps to switch over your business account:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap the hamburger icon at the top right corner.
- Click settings->account->switch to professional account.
- Choose which types of account you want (creator/business).
- Connect your Facebook page to directly share your Instagram posts on Facebook.
- Once you verify which Facebook page you want to connect.
- Your business profile is now ready to access!
3. Optimize Your Instagram Profile
In just 150 characters, your Instagram bio should
- Create a great impression
- Show your brand personality.
- Tell people why theory should follow your account.
Your Instagram profile is the perfect place to show all about your brand and make it easier for people to find you. Here are some useful tips to include:
- Username: Instagram allows 30 characters to add you unique username that needs easy to remember.
- Profile Picture: You can use your brand logo as your profile image.
- Short Bio: You can draw a short description of your brand, products, and services.
- Website Link: Bio is the only place to add clickable URLs for your website.
- Call To Action: add a call to action button to directly invite your audience from your profile page.
4. Create Eye-Catchy Contents
Visual content is an easier and faster method to attract your audience. According to the research, the average number of Instagram main feed posts per day is 1. On average, 59% of photo posts, 14.9% of video posts, and 26.1% of carousel posts are posted by the users every day.
In these stats, undoubtedly, Instagram is one of the amazing visual mediums. So, your posts can quickly get a great look on Instagram feed. Here are few ideas to make visually attractive contents:
- Behind the scenes posts: Create videos that give followers a short look at your company, your storefront, and the manufacturing process.
- Videos: IGTV is the best feature to make lengthy videos you want to show.
- Reels: It is a multi clip video format that helps to create fun and entertainment.
- Quotes And Texts: create interesting content with texts and quotes.
Hashtags are a key part to increase your visibility and credibility. Instagram allows users to use up to 30 hashtags per post. But, practically, you don't want to do that because most brands use up to five to eight hashtags per post. More than 10 hashtags look like a hashtag stuffing, so it creates a bad impression about your posts.
To get the most benefits, you can choose hashtags that are:
- Relevant to your brand and posts.
- Specific to your niche.
- Most engaging and trending.
Another effective idea is to create your own hashtag with your brand name as well as the name of your campaign. The basic format of hashtags is:
- Always use the # before your keyword.
- Do not use punctuation or spaces in hashtags.
- Never put characters before the hashtag.
6. Take Advantage of Instagram Stories
According to the research of January 2019, more than 500 million people use Instagram stories. Stories are a more interesting and effective way to publish your stories to a massive audience. Instagram stories can allow only seconds of videos in a slideshow format, and they disappear after 24 hours.
If you want to increase views for your Instagram stories, you should upload more interesting and engaging content. It gives you an opportunity to reach out to a huge audience and turn your viewers into followers.
Moreover, Instagram stories are a worthy feature to enhance your marketing strategy and brand building. Stories appear at the top of your followers' feed, so they can easily find your content. This is the big advantage to connect with huge followers and build relationships.
7. Use Story Highlights to Boost Your Engagement
Unlike Instagram stories, Instagram highlights can appear permanently on your profile page. It is a great feature on Instagram to show your most successful stories to your fans and followers.
On Instagram, you have two ways to create your story highlights:
- Create highlight from the active story:
- Tap on the active story you want to highlight.
- Select the highlight option at the bottom.
- Tap the plus icon to create new highlights.
- Enter the name of your highlights.
- Click the add button.
- Create highlight from archived stories:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap story highlights->plus icon.
- In the new window, click and select the stories you want to highlight.
- Tap next->edit cover.
- Enter your name for your highlight.
- Click done.
8. Go Instagram Live
The Instagram live stream is a potential way to connect with your real time fan followers. It is an effective feature if you're organizing an event or discussing anything through virtual.
The advantage of Instagram live is that your story will appear first in your follower's story feed. So, they can easily find your live stream, and they'll also get a notification when they open the app.
Here are some strategies how to use Instagram live effectively:
- Host Q & A session.
- Offer live behind the scenes look.
- Collaborate with influencers or expects.
- Talk to a client or customer
- Conduct interviews
9. Post Content At Peak Time
Did you know the best time to post on Instagram differs from industry to industry?
Yes, the time varies based on your industry. So, you should find what is the best time to post your content on Instagram to get engaging results.
According to the analysis of Instagram, here are the best time to post for different industry:
- Media and entertainment – Tuesday & Thursday 12 to 3 pm.
- Technology – Monday & Tuesday 2 pm.
- Professional services – Tuesday & Wednesday 9 t 10 pm.
- Travel and tourism – Friday 9 am to 1 pm.
- Food – Friday 12 pm.
- Healthcare and pharmacy – Wednesday & Sunday 9 am.
10. Partner With Influencers
Collaboration with influencers can help to build your social presence and expose your brand to a new audience. A result shows that nearly half of the Instagram users made their purchase due to the influencer recommendations.
Hosting an Instagram takeover is an easy way to campaign with influencer marketing. All you need to do is invite an influencer to take over your Instagram account for a set of periods, such as a particular time, weekend, or a special event.
For example, the brand tasting table invites chefs and home cooks to take over their accounts and share recipe posts in the stories and newsfeed.
11. Increase Your Audience With Instagram Ads
Promoting Instagram ads is an effective way to show your content in front of a wider audience. Instagram gives several ads format, here are some ideas:
- Stories ads: It is vertical and full screen ads that appear in between the user's stories.
- Video ads: It is a one minute long video, so they give a chance to users to closely look at your brand.
- Carousel ads: It is a series of images and videos with a call to action button.
- Instagram shopping ads: It takes shoppers directly to your product description page within the app.
- Explore ads – Explore ads appear where users discover new content and accounts. In other words, the ad appears after someone clicks on an image or video.
12. Try Instagram Contests
Are you looking for a great way to get instant engagement? Contests are a great way to encourage your audience to participate in your contests and get rewards!. Photo contests are the most engaging way for making friendly competition.
Even you can offer a prize to who comes up with the best photo contests with a hashtag. The ultimate goal of Instagram contests and giveaways is that they allow users to build brand awareness and grow their audience frequently.
For instance, like and comment to win is one of the most common Instagram content ideas.
13. Track Your Strategies With Instagram Analytics
Instagram insight is a free inbuilt tool that is available for every account with a business profile. If you want to improve the performance of your marketing strategy, analytics gives you a valuable look at the performance of your account.
- You can track the total attention of your posts.
- The total engagement per post.
- The demographic info about your followers.
- Total impressions, reach, and views per story.
- Total Click through rate and
- Overall performance of your Instagram profile.
It is the best way to study all the information about your account and improve your marketing strategies!
Thanks for reading this article!
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in the world. You can use these 13 strategies for your business, and you can expand your brand growth within a short time.