Are you a virtual assistant looking for the most in-demand virtual assistant services to make money online?
If so, then you’re in luck since in today’s post, I’ve listed 100+ virtual assistant services that you can bundle together as per the needs of your target customers.
Whether you're using your skills to build up a side hustle, you're trying to find another revenue stream, or you just want to work from home, then this list is for you.
You might already have some skills that would transfer well into remote work, but if not, there's no need to worry! Many of these virtual assistant services can be learned online or on the job.
Here is a detailed virtual assistant course I recommend that will teach you everything you need to make a living with virtual assistance.
List of Virtual Assistant Services
I have divided these virtual assistant services into a few categories, based on the type of tasks. These categories will determine the type of virtual assistant you will become.
Content Writing Services
“Content writing services”: a phrase that may sound intimidating and out of reach, but you're actually not that far from a successful business offering this service.
Since content writing deals with the creation of written web content for websites, blogs, articles, online businesses, and more, it's one of the most in-demand services today.
To be successful in this service, you need to have excellent writing skills. Clients will want to see samples of your work to make sure that your work is up to par.
It also helps to understand search engine optimization (SEO), keyword research, and other internet marketing strategies so you can write for your clients with those factors in mind when writing for the web.
Some of the virtual assistant writing services you can offer your clients include:
- SEO writing services
- Writing email copy
- Writing social media content
- Writing captions for Instagram posts
- Blog post writing
- Writing product descriptions
- Copywriting services
- Writing newsletters, email funnel copy, outreach emails, etc
- Writing LinkedIn outreach copy
- Writing scripts for YouTube videos
- Podcast scripting
- Editing and proofreading services
- Ghostwriting services
- Writing copy for brand assets
- Resume writing
- Grant writing
- Cover letter writing
- Compiling case studies
- Whitepaper writing
- Developing lead magnets (writing and design)
Administrative Tasks for Virtual Assistants
The administrative tasks for which you can provide assistance, though seemingly mundane, are of great value to the person who is handling them. Administrative assistance helps a business owner free up their time from tasks that don't require their particular expertise, and allows them to devote more energy to higher-level projects.
Examples of administrative tasks include:
- Writing thank-you cards
- Scheduling and confirming appointments,
- Making travel arrangements
- and handling phone calls.
- General data entry,
- Researching keywords
- Cleaning up messy data
- Proofreading webinar presentation decks
- Onboarding employees
- Setting up Google and Microsoft apps
- CRM data management
- Scheduling bill payments
- Managing emails,
- Preparing for meetings
- Maintaining databases
- Managing blog comments
- Publishing blog posts
- Managing social media comments
- Creating gallery archives
- Creating reports
- Live webinar assistance
- Order fulfillment
- Ordering supplies
- Product launch assistance
- Optimizing blog posts
- Organizing Google Drive files and other cloud services
- Writing job listing descriptions
- Repurposing content
- Calendar management
- Managing online surveys
- Helping with documentation
- Market research
- Creating press releases
- Customer support
- Brainstorming content marketing ideas
- Onboarding clients
- Following up with leads or clients
- Managing editorial calendars
- Monitoring YouTube content
- Uploading videos to YouTube
- Looking up email addresses
- Automating business stuff
- Tracking payments
- Finding leads to cold pitch on LinkedIn
- Creating and managing invoices
- Setting up social media accounts
- Finding podcasts to pitch
- Liaising with vendors
- Financial filings
These are all examples of administrative work that can easily be done remotely.
Many business owners are not tech-savvy, and those who are don’t have the time to micro-manage small tech challenges when they are running a whole business.
Luckily, for you, this is an opportunity as there are plenty who will pay you to help them out!
If you have the patience and know-how, adding technical services to your repertoire can open up an entirely new market for you. Here are some examples:
- Website maintenance
- Installing software on computers and mobile devices
- Google AdWords setup and management
- Webinar setup
- Analytics reporting(Social media, email marketing, and Google Analytics)
- Setting UTM goals to track website traffic
- Database management
- Managing customer databases
- Analyzing and reporting on business data for decision making
- Woocommerce installation, setup, and maintenance
- Website security
- WordPress set up and maintenance
- Tech troubleshooting support
- Managing affiliate program software
- Business automation
- File conversion
- Ad management
- LMS installation, setup, and management
- Creating and managing spreadsheets with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Zapier apps integration
- Migrating sites from one platform to another
- Setting up email marketing systems
- Website technical SEO
- Website speed optimization
- Podcast editing
- Flagging spam comments on your blog posts or other web pages.
- Planning and executing social media marketing campaigns
- Installing, customizing, and maintaining WordPress sites
- Google Analytics setup and management
- Google tag manager setup and management
- Google Adsense codes placements
- Formatting blog posts
- Updating WordPress plugins and themes
- Debugging website errors
- Installing and setting up given plugins
- Tracking Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube visits.
- Designing email or newsletter templates
When it comes to technical services, there are a huge number of opportunities available if you're willing to take the dive.
Many of the skills associated with this realm can be learned through online classes and tutorials. (And don't forget that many clients will be willing to work with you even if you aren't quite as familiar with the topic as you'd like.)
To become a technical virtual assistant, you need to master WordPress, a page builder like Elementor, and if you like, consider an LMS such as Learndash and an SEO plugin like Rankmath. Do these, and you will be a valuable assistant to many business owners who leverage content marketing for attraction marketing.
Research Assistant Services
Research assistant services can be a great way to utilize your skills in both researching and writing. A research assistant will find, organize, and summarize information on various topics and provide that information to their clients.
As a research assistant, you’ll need to be able to hunt down information, summarize it, and present it in a way the client can use. If you’re already familiar with any industry or niche, take advantage of that.
You can also offer this service as an opportunity to learn more about an unfamiliar area. Research assistant services are often needed by business owners and professionals who don’t have the time or inclination to do their own research.
If you want to add research assistant services to your business operations, you’ll need to understand how much time will likely be involved in each project and assign an appropriate hourly rate.
You may also decide to offer packages based on specific needs—for example, if someone wants to compare the prices of several products from different vendors. Another possibility is offering a “research report” for those who are looking for a detailed summary of information about a particular topic.
Some examples of research assistant services include:
- Researching guest posting opportunities
- Finding leads to prospect to
- Researching relevant events
- Travel research
- Doing keyword research
- Doing SWOT analysis
- Finding podcast guests
- Researching and summarizing industry news
- Brainstorming ideas for marketing purposes
- Audience research
- Finding sponsorship opportunities
- Finding media coverage opportunities
- Product comparisons
- Licensing research
- Trademark research
- Patent research
- Market research
- Product research
- Amazon research services
- Etsy research services
- Researching marketing opportunities
- Researching software and other business tools
- Vendor and supplier research
- Summarizing books or articles for clients
- Analyzing data for clients
- Researching speaking opportunities
- Conducting background research on a given topic or topic area
- Identifying relevant statistics related to a given topic or topic area
- Identifying current and historical trends in relation to a given topic or topic area
- Researching products or services for clients to consider purchasing
- Researching topic ideas for clients (e.g., blog posts)
To offer this service, you'll need to have good internet research skills as well as the ability to follow instructions closely. You should also be able to present findings in a way that's logical and easy to understand—using visuals whenever possible when presenting the information.
Social Media Virtual Assistant Services
Social media services have become extremely popular for virtual assistants, and for good reason. It's an industry that is constantly evolving, so it can be a challenge for businesses to keep up with the latest trends and stay on top of it all. A VA who specializes in social media can help them stay relevant and avoid falling behind the times.
If this sounds like a field you'd like to explore, here are some things you can do as a social media services provider:
- Create social media content
- Social media scheduling
- Writing Instagram captions
- Brainstorming social media post ideas
- Designing social graphics
- Setting up and monitoring Facebook ads
- -Research hashtags and trending topics
- Setting up and monitoring Pinterest promoted pins
- Setting up social media accounts and pages
- Managing Facebook groups
- Community management services
- Social inbox management
- Responding to comments on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Brainstorming ideas for TikTok videos
- YouTube channel management
- TikTok channnel management
- Scheduling messages in tools like ManyChat
- Managing campaigns
- Social media planning
- Analyzing analytics reports
Whether you're just starting out as a virtual assistant or you're looking to round out the services you currently offer, social media management is a great skill to have in your toolbox.
With the rise of platforms like Instagram and TikTok, even new businesses realize that they need to be present and active on as many relevant networks as possible if they want to stay competitive.
So if you have skills in social media management, you'll no doubt find clients who need your help!
Marketing Virtual Assistant Services
Are your clients looking to beef up their marketing game and need the help of a pro? If you are skilled in email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, and more, then you can offer your services as a marketing assistant.
Marketing assistants are key members of a marketing team. They help with the day-to-day tasks such as social media, running email campaigns, and other things that help a business market its products or services to the right audience.
As a virtual assistant, you can do all of these things remotely, and they’re usually hourly jobs. However, you can also offer your marketing assistant services as part of a monthly retainer package.
Some services to offer as a marketing assistant include:
- Writing copy for newsletters
- Writing cold outreach copy
- Pitching brands
- Assisting in product launches
- Devising effective marketing strategies
- Lead generation services
- LinkedIn outreach
- Ad management services
- Social media marketing
- Doing keyword research
- Google Ads management
- Competitor analysis
- Brainstorming content ideas for blogs, social, YouTube, and paid promotions
- Setting up and maintaining sales funnels
As a virtual marketing assistant, you’re tasked with creating and managing branding, social media, and email campaigns. You need to know how to craft the sort of messaging that connects with your client’s ideal clientele and helps them identify with the client’s company's mission.
This service is super beneficial for businesses that are struggling to grow their base of customers, so you’ll always be in business.
Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to explore this list of virtual assistants and have found a few that you enjoy.
To get started as a virtual assistant, bundle a few of these services together, and start offering them as a package with monthly retainers. This way, even if you have 2 clients, to begin with, you will be guaranteed a good monthly income.
Here is a list of virtual assistant jobs that pay well.