Fiverr is a great freelance website that has enabled thousands of freelancers to make a reliable decent income, and even build a business around it.
There are several new freelancers who actually make money on Fiverr with less effort.
If you want to learn how to make money on Fiverr as a beginner, then this guide is for you.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services, where services are called “gigs.” Gigs start from as low as $5 and can go up to hundreds of dollars depending on the service.
It's designed to connect freelancers with customers all over the world.
Fiverr's founders have described their business as “a platform that provides a two-sided marketplace for people to buy and sell a variety of digital services typically offered by freelance contractors.”
The “buyers” on Fiverr are customers looking for your services. The “sellers,” also known as freelancers or service providers, are people who can perform those tasks—that's you!
Although there are many websites out there designed to connect clients with freelancers, Fiverr has a different feel than sites like Upwork or Freelancer
In this guide, I'll show you how to make money on Fiverr.
How much can you make on Fiverr?
How much you can make on Fiverr will depend on the services you are offering, the demand for those services, and how much you are charging per order.
There are freelancers who use Fiverr to supplement their income and easily bring in $1000 a month working part-time.
On the other hand, there are people whose businesses largely depend on Fiverr. They usually have a team that enables them to process and fulfill several orders a day. These types earn as much as $10,000 a month.
Can You Make Money on Fiverr With No Skills?
While it is true that many people on Fiverr are highly skilled professionals with years of experience, anyone can become a successful freelancer there.
There are several gigs you can sell that don’t require any skill or experience. For example:
- Document format conversion
- Mockup generators
- Background Removal
- Brainstorming Ideas
- Social Media posts scheduling.
These gigs can be fulfilled with the help of some free online software tools. Once you get orders, all you have to do is to use these tools to process the requests, in just under 5 minutes.
Even if you are only charging $5 per order, you can still make a decent amount weekly since you can deliver several gigs a day, unlike other demanding services like copywriting and web design that require specific skills and take a lot of time.
How Does Fiverr Work?
Fiverr is a marketplace for freelancers. Think Etsy, but instead of selling handmade products, you’re selling your services.
To get started on Fiverr, you create what are called “gigs” – Gigs are typical listings of your services.
As a freelancer, you offer the services you are going to do, for instance:
I will write a 500 words SEO article for $5
I will design a great website for you for $100
I will be your virtual assistant at $15 per day
I will be your social media manager at $70 per week
I will write a killer 10000 nonfiction eBook starting at $300
I will do scientific research on any niche
I will write great blog posts and deliver within 24 hours
I will Write a moving love poem for your lover
I will write and design great greeting cards for you
You can also offer add-ons such as keyword research or SEO optimization for an additional cost. Fiverr call these ‘Gig Extras’ and they are excellent ways to earn more per order.
Here is a list of 101 services that you can sell on Fiverr that do not require much expertise
To learn more about being effective on Fiverr, read the tips in this post
When it comes to Fiverr, your freelancing world is unlimited. It is only up to you to open your eyes wide enough to see and grab the opportunities.
Is Fiverr Right for You?
Fiverr is for you if you are a freelance:
- Content creator
- Website developer
- Software developer
- Graphic designer
- Social media manager
- Virtual assistant
- Books reviewer, etc.
How to Get Started on Fiverr as a Seller
Create a Fiverr Account
To create an account, you will need an email, username, and password. Alternatively, you can also sign up with Facebook or Google.
Now Click Here to Create Your Account
NB: Choose your username appropriately. You can use a combination of your names, or better still come up with something related to the Services you will be offering. it may help to choose an SEO username that shows the types of services that you offer. For instance janewrites, vivianseo, etc.
Fiverr does not allow you to change your username afterward, so giving some thoughts on what you want to call yourself on the platform is important.
The next step is to optimize your Fiverr profile.
How to Set Up a Compelling Fiverr Profile
Your Fiverr profile is your virtual storefront, so you want to make sure it’s appealing to your ideal buyer. The first thing a potential client will see is your Fiverr name, bio, and photo.
Choose a compelling Fiverr username: Your real name is an obvious choice, but if it sounds too stuffy for the type of work you do (or if your name is already taken), pick something that’s catchy and memorable.
Profile description: Write a brief, punchy description that speaks directly to the needs of your niche clients. “I deliver fast-turnaround whiteboard animation videos for busy entrepreneurs” focuses on how this seller can help her buyers; “I like coffee” doesn’t tell me anything about what she does or why I should care about her as a seller.
Intrigue: Share any relevant information about yourself: experience, skills, awards, and certifications. Keep it bite-sized—too much information will just overwhelm customers who don’t have time to read a lot of text on their screen before they move on to someone else with a simpler profile page.
Your Face: Upload a clear photo of yourself smiling into the camera at head height—no sunglasses or hats!
Once your Fiverr profile is fully optimized, your next step will be to publish at least one Gig. However, before you go ahead to create your service listing, you need to do a bit of research to know where your services fall in the marketplace.
How to Choose the Best Gig Categories
When it comes to choosing the right categories for your services, there are a few rules to abide by:
- Choose categories that you know about. This way you can be certain that you will be able to deliver exceptional service to your clients, and receive raving reviews.
- Don't pick the most popular or competitive categories. Fiverr has hundreds of thousands of sellers selling all sorts of different services in hundreds of different categories. Instead, find a subcategory that will allow you to compete.
- Research your competition: See what other sellers in your niche are offering: their prices and how many sales they've made (it's not uncommon for them to show their portfolio!). When doing this, pay attention to their gig descriptions, and note down things that catch your attention right away.
Creating Your First Gig on Fiverr
Armed with the knowledge from the exercise above, it’s now time to get down to business. Your gig listing is the most important section of your Fiverr account, so spend much time creating the perfect gig.
- Choose a clear and specific title and add relevant keywords that describe what you are selling. Be sure to check out other gigs in your category so you get an idea of how they use titles, descriptions, categories, and tags.
- Use a keyword-rich description that is easy to read with good grammar and spelling. Fiverr buyers read your description before making a purchase, so make sure to make it quite compelling. Format it for readability using highlight, bold, italic, and bullet points.
- Choose an appropriate category from the many options listed on Fiverr (e graphics & design > illustrations)
- Use compelling gig images. You can create your Fiverr gig covers using a tool like Canva.
- If you can, include a video as gigs with feature videos tend to get more impressions and sales overall. Just be sure to follow Fiverr guidelines to make sure you aren’t violating any of their policies.
How to Land Your First Order on Fiverr
Like any other freelance marketplace, getting your first sale when nobody knows who you are is hard. Some of the tactics that have worked for many freelancers include:
- Offering low rates in the beginning and aim for 5-star reviews. You can always increase your rates as you get more positive reviews. Your price should be low enough to entice new buyers and encourage them to give you a try, but not so cheap that you end up losing money.
- Share your gig on social media platforms to increase gig impressions, but don't spam. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest using relevant hashtags like #freelancewriter or #virtualassistant. When sharing your gig, always give context. Tell people that you are new to Fiverr and thus offering your quality services at insanely low prices, so they should take advantage.
- Hang around the Fiverr forum to see what hacks others are using. The best way to learn from others is simply by eavesdropping—or in this case, lurking around the forum sections where people discuss their successes and failures with Fiverr gigs.
7 Best Fiverr Gigs to Sell on Fiverr
The following are some of the best Fiverr gigs to sell:
- Logo design
- SEO blog posts
- Social media management
- Video editing
- Editing and proofreading
- Virtual assistance (VA)
- WordPress web design
- Product descriptions
Tips for Maximizing Sales on Fiverr
- When your sales are in a natural lull, take the time to optimize your current gigs and create new ones. This is how you get more buyers and grow your presence on Fiverr.
- Always over-deliver on quality for each of your clients, no matter what niche or industry you're serving.
- Follow up with past satisfied clients to see if they have other projects that need to be handled. If they do, offer them a discount so you can work together again.
- Always be hunting for clients, even when things are not in a lull. You never know when another gig might fall through because of circumstances out of your control – but having leads ready to go will help keep the money flowing steadily into your bank account!
- Optimize buyer experience as much as possible so you can get more positive reviews that attract future clients who trust their peers' opinions over yours (even if they've already bought from you). The more reviews you have on file with good ratings, the easier it is to get orders on autopilot
Working on Fiverr Best practices
Read your customer's instructions carefully, and don't hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear. Do this immediately you receive an order. You will be surprised how many times the submitted gig requirements vary from what you had discussed with the client in the inbox.
Communicate with your customer; even little comments can go a long way toward establishing trust and a friendly rapport.
Follow Fiverr's terms of service by delivering all work on time, in full.
Don't let bad customers get under your skin; remember that this isn’t personal, and it’s not even about you. Be professional at all times (even if it means biting your tongue) Fiverr will always favor buyers over sellers.
What Not to Do on Fiverr
Now that you know how to get started, let's talk about what not to do on Fiverr.
- Don't do anything illegal: This should be obvious, but I'm going to say it anyway: don't put up services for hire that involve breaking the law. This includes selling fake IDs, buying Twitter followers for people, and other things of the sort.
- Don't use clip art or images from the internet: If you must, then use free stock sites that allow commercial usage.
- Don't take on more than you can deliver: If a customer asks for ten articles and you have only five hours left until their deadline expires, don't agree to write them all—it's better to underpromise in this case so that you can overdeliver when it comes time to hand off your work!
Ready to Make Money on Fiverr
If you are ready to start selling on Fiverr, here’s where to sign up:
First time on Fiverr? Take this FREE Skillshare class to learn how to move your freelance career forward: