Looking for the best Jasper AI alternatives to power your content creation process? In this post, I take you through some of my favorites. If you are still skeptical about these tools, you shouldn’t, for two reasons:
- AI writers are becoming more powerful, helping content creators not only write content at scale, but also break through writer's block, brainstorm different angles on how to approach a topic, and also create their first drafts faster.
- AI writing tools won’t kill content creation, since, at the end of the day, great content is the one that wins.
So, if your goal is to mass-produce dozens of articles a day, then you aren’t ready to use a writing assistant. However, if you want to produce comprehensive, impactful, and well-researched content, then a tool like Jasper AI, can help shorten this process from a few days to a few hours.
You can now easily generate blog content, outlines, keywords, and product descriptions by simply keying-in very little information, and you’re done in less time.
Before we delve into the best Jasper AI alternatives, let’s answer the question that isn’t still clear to most people:
What is Jasper AI?
Japer is an AI writing assistant that enables anyone (content creators, bloggers, freelancers, marketers, and uncle Jeff) to create any content type, on any given topic.
Fed with the right keywords, and detailed context, Jasper is able to generate the right message that helps you accomplish the given goal:
- Generate sales through captivating social media ad copy
- Attract quality traffic to your blog with quality content
- Convert targeted traffic to buyers with the right sales copy on landing pages
- Increase eCommerce sales with improved product descriptions that compel viewers to take a transactional decision.
- Encourage email conversion through actionable email copy, etc.
If you want to 5x your productivity as a content creator or marketer, then grabbing your copy of Jasper AI is something you should really consider.
That said, Jasper might not be great for everyone, and that’s where the alternatives come in.
Why Do You Need Jasper AI Alternatives?
There are a few reasons why it makes sense to use the Jasper alternative:
To fully unlock the power of Jasper, you will need the Boss Mode plan which starts at $59 for 50,000 words of content. Depending on where you come from, and your financial standing, this amount may be more than you’re able to part with every month.
b) Different use cases
Jasper is designed to be a general copywriting tool, enabling users to generate short and long-form content for various use cases. However, there are some AI writers that are better at specific use cases as they have been designed for those specific uses only.
Examples include AI writers for generating outreach emails from LinkedIn bios, video descriptions, article generation, and rewording tools for rewriting content.
c) Other features
Sometimes you might need a tool that has more robust collaboration features, popular integrations, etc. Depending on the features you need, Jasper may fall short.
d) Scale of your business
Truth be told, the AI writing tools on the market today seem to target freelancers and small businesses, but if you have more dollars to spend every month, then there are some emerging AI content companies that offer lucrative enterprise plans.
e) Pricing model
Jasper’s plans are based on the number of words you can generate per month. Given that you end up not using lots of the content generated, this model doesn’t appeal to many.
There are some great Jasper alternatives that charge you based on credits, and the number of documents you write with AI. There are also some that allow you to purchase credits instead of subscriptions. This way you can purchase credits and use them until you run out(no expiration)
Depending on what you are looking to accomplish, these alternatives might make more sense money-wise.
f) Unlimited and Lifetime plans:
Yes, a bummer, Jasper AI no longer offers an unlimited plan. To generate 700,000 words per month, you’d have to part with $600/month, whereas there are some Jasper’s competitors that grant you unlimited generations(as long as you comply with their fair use policies) for just $59/month.
Also, Jasper doesn’t have a lifetime plan, so if this is something you want, then, consider the first option below.
Best Jasper AI Alternatives
WordHero makes a great alternative to Jasper when it comes to the ease of content generation and quality of outputs.
If you’ve used Jasper for article writing, then you’d appreciate WordHero’s sleek interface and powerful long-form document editor.
WordHero’s key features:
- Long form editor
- Keyword assistant tool
- 54+ AI writing tools (content templates)
- 108+ supported languages
Now, an obvious downside of WordHero is that, unlike Jasper where you get to try the tool for 5 days for free, you don’t get this with WordHero. Without a free trial to test-drive the tool, it’s hard to determine if it suits your needs before parting with your money.
WordHero costs $49/month for unlimited content generation, or just $29/month (with an annual subscription).
WordHero Lifetime Plan:
For a limited time only, WordHero is running a lifetime plan from as low as $89.
- Lifetime Starter($89): Access Generate mode, and create up to 20,000 words of AI content every month for life ($89)
- Lifetime Pro($269): Access Generate mode and Long form editor, for an unlimited number of words, every month for life. ($269 One time fee)
2) Article Forge
If you want a less-hands-on Jasper AI alternative, then you should consider Article Forge. With version 4 having just been released last month, you can expect to have better outputs.
Article Forge is an article generator, and so unlike the other tools mentioned in this article, it’s not based on templates. This tool can generate 1500-long articles with a single click and a few customizations.
The quality of content is still very low, even after the release of Article Forge 4, but if you take the time to add elaborate sub-headings, you can expect better outputs.
That said, I believe there’s a place for Article Forge’s content, and could make good first drafts for simple articles.
Key Article Forge features
- Full article generation
- Auto scheduling
- WordPress Integration
- Bulk article generation
Article Forge pricing:
If you gonna commit to AF, I suggest going for the annual plan, as you get to save almost 50%
- Basic plan: Generate up to 20,000 words of content.$27/month ($13/month when paid annually)
- Standard plan: Generate up to 250,000 words $57/month ($27/month when paid annually)
- Unlimited plan: for unlimited usage$117/month ($57/month when paid annually)
The unlimited plan also comes with 3 user seats, so you can add your team to help you with generating the articles.
If you want to generate great marketing copy, then CopyAI is the best alternative. It has lots of awesome copywriting templates, that you can leverage to generate the right messaging.
CopyAI also now supports long-form content, with its Blog Post Wizard template, which allows you to go from clueless to the first draft in 5 minutes.
What I love about this unique approach to article building with AI are the steps where you can control the final output by tweaking subheadings and talking points. Sure, it does take more time, but you can be sure that the article will need less editing.
CopyAI key features:
- 90+ short-form copy templates
- Freestyle template for generating any piece of content
- Blog Post Wizard tool for building full-length articles in less than 30 minutes
- Workspaces and Folders to better organize your content pieces
Coming to CopyAI are Workflows. With this new feature, you can automate repetitive tasks, create custom content and marketing workflows and improve the efficiency of your team.
The pro plan offers 5 user seats, and access to all features, and is priced as follows:
- 40K words: $49/month
- 100K words: $99/month
- 300K words: $279/month
Like Jasper, CopyAI no longer offers unlimited plans, and its pricing plans are similar to those of Jasper.
However, it does have a free plan, that allows you to generate up to 2000 words of AI content per month.
Another great contender in the race of AI content generators is ContentBot. Its interface is similar to that of Jasper, so it’s easier to get hang of it. The outputs are also quite good, most of the time.
- Long-form content writer
- 30 AI writing tools
- Unlimited seats across all plans
- SEO tools
- Paraphrasing tools
- Plagiarism checker
With ContentBot, you can purchase words without a monthly subscription, and only use the tool when you need to. With this pay-as-you-go plan, you get 1000 words of content for just $1, and the minimum you can purchase is 15000 words.
For the subscription plans, you need to pay $59/month to get access to all the tools above(including long-form assistant). The lower plan ($29/month) lacks the critical long-form assistant.
5) Copymatic AI
Copymatic is a more affordable Jasper AI, with its plans starting from as low as just $9/month. When I first tried this tool, I found it to be quite repetitive but I believed it has improved since then.
What I liked the most was the AI rewriter wizard, for turning any piece of content into a completely unique piece beyond just tweaking words or phrases.
Copymatic key features:
- Long-form AI content writer
- 50+ AI writing tools
- Grammar checker
- AI Rewriter
- SEO Keyword research
- Plagiarism checker
- Support for over 25 languages
As you can tell, this tool is continuously being developed, with lots of new features being added. I’m yet to try the SEO tool.
Copymatic Pro Pricing
- 15, 000 words: $9/month ($6/month when paid yearly)
- 50, 000 words: $29/month ($19/month when paid yearly)
- 200, 000 words: $49/month ($32/month when paid yearly)
- 400, 000 words: $99/month ($66/month when paid yearly)…
With 15, 000 words for just $9, you can take this tool for a test drive to see if it meets your needs.
6) Anyword AI
Anyword’s strength lies in landing page content generation, but it’s a general AI writer that you can use to create any type of content, from ad copy, and social media captions, to long-form content such as blog posts and sales copy.
Anyword AI Features
- Predictive performance score
- Easy-to-use workflows for use cases such as ad copy, landing pages, blog posts, etc.
- Preset keyword features
- Automated live copy optimization
- Data-driven copywriting tools
Anyword AI Pricing
This isn’t the cheapest AI writing software, especially if you want to use it for blog posts.
Anyword offers two plans: Starter, and Data-driven. The Starter plan allows you to generate short copy and lacks fancy Anyword features such as Predictive Performance Scores, and the ability to optimize existing copy.
- $29/month: up to 20,000 words
- $49/month: up to 35,000 words
- $59/month: up to 65,000 words
- $79/month: up to 100,000 words
- $149/month: up to 200,000 words
- $199/month: up to 300,000 words
The Data-driven plan uses datasets to improve your conversions with your copy. Included features include Performance Optimization Scores, Existing copy optimization, and Real-time scoring and analytics.
- $99/month: up to 30,000 words
- $149/month: up to 60,000 words
- $179/month: up to 100,000 words
- $249/month: up to 200,000 words
- $299/month: up to 300,000 words
- $399/month: for unlimited content generation
As you can tell, Anyword is the best Jasper alternative for sales copy and eCommerce businesses in general. It's the ideal AI tool for generating AD copies.
If this tool piques your interest, you can try all the tools, including Data-driven features for free with their 7-day free trial period.
Anyword Discount Code
You can use our link and the discount code below to get Anyword at 20% off.
- Anyword Discount code: Anyword20
With a simple-to-use interface and an intuitive Instant Article Generator tool, Writesonic makes a great alternative to Jasper.
Here are the features of Writesonic that stand out:
- Article Writer 3.0 (Generate full 1500+ words article in less than 30 seconds)
- Instant Article Writer tool for short articles
- Surfer SEO and Semrush integrations
- Sonic Editor, a powerful document editor for improving generated content. You can now enable Sonic Mode to bring the power of Writesonic templates into the editor
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Bulk content generator
- One-click WordPress Export
- Browser extensions
- Semrush and Zapier Integrations
Writesonic AI Pricing:
The Writesonic pricing, though affordable, isn’t really straightforward forward, since the amount of content you can generate vaary depending on the quality of copy you opt for during the generation process.
Here are the Writesonic AI pricing plans:
|Premium Quality||Good Quality||Average Quality||Economy Quality|
|$19/month||19,000 words||47,500 words||95,000 words||190,000 words|
|$49/month||75,000 words||187,000 words||375,000 words||750,000 words|
|$99/month||160,000 words||400,000 words||800,000 words||1,600,000 words|
|$199/month||350,000 words||875,000 words||1,750,000 words||3,000,000 words|
If you want to save even more, then going for the annual plan gets you 33% off.
8) Frase AI
Frase AI is a strong competitor to Jasper. With this tool, you can power your entire SEO writing workflow process, as it enables you to:
- Do detailed keyword analysis
- Generate data-driven content briefs
- Generate content with AI
- Optimize content based on top results in SERPs
- Get content analytics to identify gaps
Frase AI Features:
- Originality score to ensure that your content isn’t necessarily similar to existing content. This can help you please the latest Google Helpful Content.
- Integration with your Google Search Console account
- Topic planner
- Outline to Draft Generator for quick blog post writing
- Content scoring
- SEO tools
- Automated content briefs
- Powerful rich content editor
- Share editable links to enable your editors to work on generated content without requiring a seat.
- Intuitive outline builder
- Templates developed by the community
Frase AI Pricing.
- Solo plan: $15/month: Writing and optimizing up to 4 articles per month
- Basic plan $45/month: Writing and optimizing up to 30 articles per month
- Team plan: $115: Writing and optimizing unlimited articles.
To unlock SEO features, you need an SEO add-on, which goes for an additional $35 per month.
9) Copysmith AI
Copysmith positions itself as the AI copywriting tool for Enterprise and eCommerce businesses.
- Helping agencies serve more customers by creating and distributing content in multiple languages.
- Optimizing product descriptions for eCommerce stores to boost sales
- Creating content pieces and assets at scale to help eCommerce businesses meet content demands
Some of the features you’d love about Copysmith include:
- Bulk content creation
- Editor commands (Almost similar to Jasper commands)
- Bulk product descriptions
- Powerful integrations (Google Docs, WooCommerce, Microsoft Word, Frase SEO, Hootsuite)
- Chrome extension
- Campaign builder
Copysmith Free Trial:
Copysmith gives you an all-inclusive 7-day trial so that you can test all the tools and features it has to offer before you can make a commitment.
Copysmith AI Pricing:
- Starter: $19/month for 75 credits and 20 plagiarism checks
- Starter: $19/month for 400 credits and 100 plagiarism checks
What is the best AI writer?
Of all the Jasper AI alternatives listed in this post, WordHero emerges as the best. I found the outputs to be of good quality, and the control you get can help you turn this into a powerful writing assistant.
Coming in second was Frase AI. I like the tools the writer has, and the ability to enable communities to create and share templates is just so insane. You’d be surprised at how different SEO gurus are using AI tools to create rankable content.
Anyone can use templates created by the community on Frase, just as you would the natively-built ones.
Finally, Scalenut is a really powerful competitor to Jasper that can’t miss on this list.
I hope that this list of alternatives to Jasper AI has given you great ideas on how you can leverage AI writers to scale content production and grow your business without having to hire freelance writers who charge $200 an article.